• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Saturday, 7/15 Ride

OK... here's a route. again, any input is appreciated, but this one should get us all back to Flying J around 1 pm. Looks like the rain chances are coming up quickly in the afternoon, so that should ??? get us all home without practicing our monsoon riding skills.

190 miles with a fuel / beverage stop at the Corner Store in Onalaska.

Meet up at 0800 at Flying J, with KSU at 0830.

Sounds like at least 2, maybe 4 of us so far. Should be a good ride!

All riders and bikes are welcome!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 179
Good ride today, and other than a few sprinkles, we didn't get wet!

I'm assuming LeloTx and TJ got home dry?

Great riding with you guys again!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the ride, got home dry, only problem was soreness from not riding in awhile but

Where the heck did Blue Flash go????

I've got to get out for a ride soon... I haven't seen any rides going, and I apologize for not getting anything going lately... Feel free to put rides together without me!

Here's the scoop... I've got several things going on at home, time with the grandkids, etc. OK... I can work around that..

One more course to finish my Graduate Certificate... that takes some time....

Got a full time contract job down town that may actually lead to something long term. Looks good, and it's in line with what I went back to school for. Yay!!!

However, it means I have very little time to play, and my bike is getting neglected... Little time, but I'll certainly post up if I can get my head above water! Things are definitely looking up, but I've got to finish the final "push!"

:sun:ne Houston -Humble Riders Where are the Rides ?:giveup:

We're waiting for you to organize one. :)

I'm up for one sometime soon, or even a shorty for some coffee and meeting new people. My weekends are pretty nuts through November, but I work from home in Kingwood and always up for an excursion during the days for coffee or lunch.

I don't want to be a Organizer! I'm to Old to deal with all the complaint's that go with Leading! Too Fast - Too Slow -Rules- why not take a little safe ride and a BS session and coffee! I,m Retired just watching the grass Grow,I thought old age would have took longer ??? !:sun:

I think my wife has to work both Saturday & Sunday morning...I might be down for a short ride around Livingston. I'll have to see how it plays out. I don't drink coffee though. Yuck!

I'm in Kingwood and have been using Rever to put together a few rides I've been doing, usually on Sat, Sun, Mon and/or Tuesdays. Up to Cleveland, then nw to Coldspring, then Willis and back to KW - 100 miles or so. Lots of options to take different roads, stop for breakfast, etc.

I mostly take it easy...my days of hauling *** and scraping the footpegs around corners were fun but I'm (mostly) done with that now.

I'm in Kingwood and have been using Rever to put together a few rides I've been doing, usually on Sat, Sun, Mon and/or Tuesdays. Up to Cleveland, then nw to Coldspring, then Willis and back to KW - 100 miles or so. Lots of options to take different roads, stop for breakfast, etc.

I mostly take it easy...my days of hauling *** and scraping the footpegs around corners were fun but I'm (mostly) done with that now.

Sounds like a Good Ride -Charlie:sun:

Cool. I've made similar loops.

Let's see, next few weeks are kinda nuts for me, but could do Monday Oct 30 or Tues Oct 31.

Might be able to squeeze in a short ride Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning this weekend. Just have to be back in time for soccer at noon.

I'm going riding Monday (the 16th) morn - the weather should be cool. I'll be at the BreWingZ parking lot on Northpark and Rt 494 at 8:30 if anyone wants to join me for about a leisurely 100 mile ride.

I would like to make the Ride ,But I have to work on my Tractor to get it going! I will Try to make it the next time! watch out for the Deer the Rutt is on !Thank's Charlie:sun:

Blue Flash is back!

OK... Thanksgiving coming this week, so I can't get out this weekend. The bike has been gathering dust since August...

However... I just finished my last work for my Graduate Certificate in GIS...

No more school.. and it's time to ride! Plan on a route coming out early next week...

Note sure if I'm thinking 3 hrs, 4, or what... but I'll be riding!

How about that ride??? Saturday, December 2

Update on times (and repeat of the date):

December 2 (Saturday)

For any that want to meet in Atascocita:
Meet at Dunkin Donuts in Atascocita (on West Lake Houston Pkwy, just north of Will Clayton), at 0800
KSU at 0830 from Dunkin

For those that would like to meet at Flying J:
Meet at the Flying J, Hwy 242 and 59/69, at 0900.
KSU at 0930

About 185 miles and about 4 hours from Flying J to Flying J, one of my favorite "Around the Lake" routes. Should be a stop in Onalaska for fuel and fish stories.

We should be back to Flying J at about 1:30, and back to Atascocita by 2:30.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Sounds good. I'm outta town Dec 2-3 but still glad to see you back and will be joining you on other weekends.

With Christmas coming and all that... December may be slim for rides for me, but I'll be trying to keep these going. Looking forward to getting back out on the road with you!

Re: How about that ride??? Saturday, December 2

OK... I'm not firm on the start of this ride...
I'm tenatively thinking we may be able to do a 800 or 900 meet up at flying J...

Are you firm on the day? Didn't see one. Lol

_

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Back