• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

6th Annual Ghost's Freezeree and IXL School Jan 19-21, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but i am 58 yrs old yea no recluse :giveup::giveup:

+1 (...in 2 weeks)
I even got a Rekluse included with the 200EXC I bought. Haven't installed it as I wanted the kid to improve his skills riding with a clutch. He only rides once or twice a year so it will stay out. Might install on my 300EXC or more likely will sell it. I can stand to improve my clutch skills also, I'm afraid once you switch it is hard to go back and then I'm having to buy one for every new bike. I'm a cheapskate so that's not happening.

_

I have a Rekluse on my dirt bike. Once you go there, you'll never have another dirt bike without one. Some folks are just in denial ! ! !

The Rekluse is pretty awesome if you are doing really technical riding and especially with technical climbs.

If you are riding less technical stuff like fire roads or even mild singletrack, a standard clutch works fine and costs a whole lot less.

I think whether or not it's essential or not depends on how much you ride the technical stuff.

Then again...the biggest factor is probably how big your bank account is and maybe a bit of how old you are getting. Point being....old guys probably have the rekluse more likely because their bank account is bigger than when they were younger. The desire to deal with less than ideal situations becomes less and less when you can just easily spend the coin to upgrade and not deal with it any more.

Is there room for my Truck with camper on it ?

The Rekluse is pretty awesome if you are doing really technical riding and especially with technical climbs.

If you are riding less technical stuff like fire roads or even mild singletrack, a standard clutch works fine and costs a whole lot less.

I think whether or not it's essential or not depends on how much you ride the technical stuff.

Then again...the biggest factor is probably how big your bank account is and maybe a bit of how old you are getting. Point being....old guys probably have the rekluse more likely because their bank account is bigger than when they were younger. The desire to deal with less than ideal situations becomes less and less when you can just easily spend the coin to upgrade and not deal with it any more.

Almost every pro rider, whether Enduro, Enduro Cross, Cross Country, Trials, and Motocross have Rekluse clutches. It allows you to focus more on your lines and trail obstacles, than the clutch. It lets you apply power a lot more linearly as well. It also helps with fatigue and forearm pump.

Last edited:
Almost every pro rider, whether Enduro, Enduro Cross, Cross Country, Trials, and Motocross have Rekluse clutches. It allows you to focus more on your lines and trail obstacles, than the clutch. It lets you apply power a lot more linearly as well. It also helps with fatigue and forearm pump.
Agreed. They are absolutely better. Didn't know we were talking about pro riders though.

Non-pro riders that have them usually ride a lot of technical stuff where they are most valuable or have enough money to just buy what they want.

My obvious point is that they aren't cheap and in non-race, normal ADV ride situations you can easily choose to spend money elsewhere and still keep up with the group.

Agreed. They are absolutely better. Didn't know we were talking about pro riders though.

Non-pro riders that have them usually ride a lot of technical stuff where they are most valuable or have enough money to just buy what they want.

My obvious point is that they aren't cheap and in non-race, normal ADV ride situations you can easily choose to spend money elsewhere and still keep up with the group.

Yup ! ! !:thumb:

Is this cancelled since it doesn’t look like it will be freezing? Lol

We still have 10 days or so to go. Plenty of time for the temps to go down again.

Is this cancelled since it doesn’t look like it will be freezing? Lol
Still below freezing, but just barely.

c86899b73f377f4c5c1aa919dad64e5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Very simple , if you ride single track the only disadvantage is not having a parking brake when you turn off the motor . No over reving and burning up your clutch , no stalling the motor , much less uncontrolled rear wheel spin , the bike is just plain much more manageable with less effort . For a road rider not much advantage unless you just aren't good at managing a clutch . We laugh at that but it's for real . I forgot , super easy wheelys too .

Last edited:
Very simple , if you ride single track the only disadvantage is not having a parking brake when you turn off the motor . No over reving and burning up your clutch , no stalling the motor , much less uncontrolled rear wheel spin , the bike is just plain much more manageable with less effort . For a road rider not much advantage unless you just aren't good at managing a clutch . We laugh at that but it's for real . I forgot , super easy wheelys too .

Big rubber band for the front brake and you have your "parking brake" ! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back