• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

6th Annual Ghost's Freezeree and IXL School Jan 19-21, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still below freezing, but just barely.

c86899b73f377f4c5c1aa919dad64e5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

A 12 week forecast from the same people that fail to be accurate with the 3 day forecast? :trust: :lol2:

Looks to be a cool gathering. So I'm in for a day or two.

I'm in for sure Ghost, unless something unforeseen comes up. I'm looking forward to it!

Due to circumstances beyond our control, SAB and I are going to have to stay closer to home this weekend. Sorry, but we're out.

Weather looking pretty decent....maybe a cold front with some rain on Sunday...but not too bad overall.

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 187
What weather site or app are you using? I like how that graph displays the information.
It's Weather Underground.

They also seem to have more "positive" forecasts so I like them because they tell me what I want to hear.. :)

Kind of sad since I know the weather will be what it is regardless of the forecast but it seems like some of the sites try and post the worst case and these guys post a more optimistic view.

Hey howdy hey! I am out this round. Lots going on in crazyland. Y'all have fun!!!

Sent from a week ago Tuesday.

Yeah, weather is looking too nice for a Freezeree, but I'm still in. Taking Friday off so I should be there midday. Now if I could just remember the combo to the gate...or hope Brad beats me there.

I plan on being there early afternoon Friday as well.

Forecasted to snow Monday night into Tuesday morning, but warming up fast for the weekend. Rain (.05") Sunday morning early but clearing out by 9am.

So this looks fun, just saw it.

I just got a new to me WR250r. I have done some gravel road riding but just a few actual trails on my old drz250, but never had any confidence on actual terrain. So this class would be a good fit for me? If still available? I’m in desperate need of some dirt skills for light to moderate trail riding.

I just got a new to me WR250r. I have done some gravel road riding but just a few actual trails on my old drz250, but never had any confidence on actual terrain. So this class would be a good fit for me? If still available? I’m in desperate need of some dirt skills for light to moderate trail riding.

I pretty certain that Brad will never tell you I was his best student, but even so I have had several successful trips using what he taught me. I'd recommend it to anyone with little dirt experience.

I pretty certain that Brad will never tell you I was his best student, but even so I have had several successful trips using what he taught me. I'd recommend it to anyone with little dirt experience.

Thanks. I have thousands of miles experience on ATV’s in Texas and the mountains of Colorado. But very little experience on two wheels in dirt. Just tons of street miles.

Ugh, cold is my kryptonite. How are yall layering up?

Monica, me too!
I've had very good luck with freez-out.
Cycle gear carries it.

https://www.cyclegear.com/base-layers

It's comfortable, cuts the wind, warm, breathes, affordable and works well.

Last edited:

It's a good class for any level of experience. Some of us old dirt riders have gotten lazy in our skills and a good refresher course is a good thing ! ! ! :rider:

Ugh, cold is my kryptonite. How are yall layering up?

Stay away from cotton on any base layer. It collects moisture and then you'll use all your body heat keeping the moisture warm and eventually you'll get cold.

Synthetic wicking fabrics for base layers are pretty common these days. You can find them at any sporting goods store. Use wool, smartwool, or other wicking socks as well.

After the base layer is dry, you just need a few layers of warmth / insulation and then a windproof outer layer.

For riding, it's basically the same thing except you want some CE rated protection in it and a good abrasion resistant textile outer shell in case of a get off. Personally, I have a First Gear Kilamanjaro jacket and KLIM Badlands pants and then just layer underneath. I've ridden into freezing temps with that gear and really never gotten cold.

Oh.... a baclava / neck gator and some good gloves help a LOT as well. If you can keep your head and hands warm....the rest of you will usually be fine.

To be fair though.... I'm a bit fat....so I've got a bit of natural insulation to help. My buddies wife will ride with us and she's about 4% body fat so no amount of layering will really keep her warm when it gets in the 40's so he bought her heated gear and now she's happy too.

I am a 6 ft 2 190 lbs of cold weather SISSY i can work on cars in the cold .be outside in the cold no problem just cant ride below 40 layers are not .yet when i was 18 yrs old rode my kz 1000 from arlington to grand praire 35 degrees and raining didnt think twice about it .:rider:

Looks like I will be tagging along with MisterK

Gary
What time are you guys heading out? I would like to ride down with you guys on Friday. I want Kevin to ride my VFR so it will give him second thoughts about his AT purchase.:-P

Out. Still waiting on carb rebuild kit & doing some re-wiring Plus general maintenance. Bike is all torn apart and I know I won’t have it together by Friday. Have fun, y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am out for this round, itll be too cold for this delicate snowflake flower....?

Ok, not for that reason ? A few events near home that I am attending, and some home maintenance. Enjoy, and see you next round [emoji252][emoji482][emoji1317]

Last edited:

Definitely this class is for you. Bring the WR, although some people have done much of the class on big bikes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back