• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

2N2OUT - I very much appreciate the information you shared. And I agree that the issues you experienced are 100% unacceptable. I empathize with your frustration and time you had to spend to get what you needed. It reflects VERY poorly on the dealer in my mind.
Again thanks for sharing so that we can be aware.

Agree with TheD-Man assessment!
Most here are jumping on 2N2OUT,
But honestly he is just venting his frustration. I can relate, I’ve been in same boat waiting 2 months for salesmen to get my second FOB that was written in sales contract when purchasing a $32k vehicle.
He just dropped the ball without following up. I called every 2 weeks to get status. He admitted to doing nothing for the first month then blamed parts guy for second month. Poor salesmanship. Lost my future business.

2N2OUT should not have to wait 8 weeks after payoff to get plates/title sorted out.
Knowing the state may share some of that delay I suspect the dealer didn’t make this priority and sat on things for a while - yes unacceptable on their part. A good salesman would have processed the paperwork right away and follow up more often. Especially for a higher end brand dealer.
Fortunately it sounds like others have had better experiences.
The net result this time is they lost a customer and potential future sales to 2N2OUT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just wanted to drop my experience on here. I found a bike online at screaming deal so went to check it out. My salesperson was very friendly and got me a fair price on my trade in but was able to even drop the price on the new even lower and got a really low interest rate. Fast forward a few months, I had a small issue with it and dropped it off on the day I was closing on a house. Was able to pick it back up after closing and was all good. Of the dealerships I have been to this was one of the easiest to work with. Sorry you had a bad experience.

"Most here are jumping on 2N2OUT,"

Not jumping on his status, just sharing my experience. Tough when you can't hear both sides of an argument. I'm sure he is disappointed, who wouldn't be. I had a similar situation in McKinney, finally sent a letter to state, forget dept, less than a week dealer contacted me and said title was on the way, lol.

I think part of the problem is that motorcycle dealers just don't process the volume of vehicles that a car dealer does. Inexperience can cause problems. For example, I paid for my last motorcycle (ironically a K1600GT) with a personal check. The dealer reported me to the IRS for conducting a cash transaction over $10,000. Kind of depends on your definition of cash.

Want a pleasant and trouble-free transaction? Lexus and Honda have been pretty good. Motorcycles...not so much.

The dealer reported me to the IRS for conducting a cash transaction over $10,000. Kind of depends on your definition of cash.

Just curious, did irs contact you?
Cash / Check, I guess it doesn’t matter to them. Funny thing is they don’t report it if you finance it!

Personally I think it’s BS for them to do that. What if I wanted to barrow $10k from my credit union, or a home equity loan, or just pull it out of my safe to go make a better deal (you know bird in the hand - give me the I’m here now & money talks kind of price).
Now we gotta explain where we got it?
Another example of lost freedom.

That mentality is - Kinda like when Obama said $250k is plenty enough $ for income for the average joe.

Sorry for the rant, I had to sign one of those “I’m not a smuggler it’s really my money“ letters at dealer when I paid 12k cash for my daughters car also.
Kinda felt like invasion on me.

Just curious, did irs contact you?
Cash / Check, I guess it doesn’t matter to them. Funny thing is they don’t report it if you finance it!

Personally I think it’s BS for them to do that. What if I wanted to barrow $10k from my credit union, or a home equity loan, or just pull it out of my safe to go make a better deal (you know bird in the hand - give me the I’m here now & money talks kind of price).
Now we gotta explain where we got it?
Another example of lost freedom.

That mentality is - Kinda like when Obama said $250k is plenty enough $ for income for the average joe.

Sorry for the rant, I had to sign one of those “I’m not a smuggler it’s really my money“ letters at dealer when I paid 12k cash for my daughters car also.
Kinda felt like invasion on me.

That's crazy. Guess cash isn't king. lol

The IRS doesn't consider a personal check as cash. The dealership just didn't know what they were doing. If you pay by cashier's check then the bank you purchased it from will report you. And they don't have to tell you they are doing it.

As for dealing in cash, I guess one's concerns depends on the news station they listen to. Our Precinct Security Officer (a 70 year old lady who has volunteered to send out emails warning people to lock their cars) would likely say that any one dealing in large sums of cash was either associated with MS13, a 1%er on meth or a somebody laundering money.

Personally I don't like to deal with cash and generally won't accept it in my business. Sure, a customer could force my hand, it is legal tender after all, but all of the companies I deal with see it as the hassle it is. The nice thing about checks is that everybody has a copy and if it gets lost or stolen it can be replaced. There is a paper trail that is a defense against both crime and audit. And Frankly I'd be just as concerned about the authenticity of $10k in cash from a stranger as I would be with a personal check. I guess I could get a counterfeit pen...

Just my $.02

I'm with Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death (1985) on this one.

I think you are quite correct. And the smartphone has displaced television to a large degree. Witness how many people can't go for more than a few minutes without going into cellphone withdrawal. They repeatedly drag it out of a pocket in desperate hope that someone, anyone, has contacted them. Who needs Soma?

I think you are quite correct. And the smartphone has displaced television to a large degree. Witness how many people can't go for more than a few minutes without going into cellphone withdrawal. They repeatedly drag it out of a pocket in desperate hope that someone, anyone, has contacted them. Who needs Soma?

Guilty! I got 4 or 5 MC forums (2 RV forums and a couple of hot rod feeds) all feeding my smartphone with updates - can’t stay focused at work - [emoji23]

Guilty! I got 4 or 5 MC forums (2 RV forums and a couple of hot rod feeds) all feeding my smartphone with updates - can’t stay focused at work - [emoji23]

I'm guilty too. Get a lot of good info.

So, to follow up on this mess.

Went to TXDOT, they never issued the title because the dealer failed to complete the paperwork properly. I called Montgomery County Tax office and spoke to the nice lady that had the paperwork. She said they failed to complete it properly, and had ignored multiple letters to the dealership telling them my title work was incomplete.

Called the dealership back, when confronted with the facts, they changed their tune. We'll send someone to complete the paperwork and get your title to you.

Well, now it's May 2018, 10 months after purchase and still no title. Ran the VIN and see that a title was finally issued but it shows a lien holder that no longer exists, so now I'll waste more of my time to get that sorted out.

Two words: Unmitigated Disaster...

Dang - they still haven't sorted it out? Do you have any lawyer buddies that could go with you to meet the GM and get some high level attention about this? They are in all sorts of breach of contract and if this doesn't get sorted yesterday you could be out everything if your bike was stolen - don't think insurance companies will work with you for a minute if your paperwork isn't 100% and ticked and tied.

This just gets worse and worse - they don't appear to be taking their mistakes seriously.

I wish you all the best in getting this settled soon.

Dave.

Went to TXDOT, they never issued the title because the dealer failed to complete the paperwork properly. I called Montgomery County Tax office and spoke to the nice lady that had the paperwork. She said they failed to complete it properly, and had ignored multiple letters to the dealership telling them my title work was incomplete.

Called the dealership back, when confronted with the facts, they changed their tune. We'll send someone to complete the paperwork and get your title to you.

Well, now it's May 2018, 10 months after purchase and still no title. Ran the VIN and see that a title was finally issued but it shows a lien holder that no longer exists, so now I'll waste more of my time to get that sorted out.

Unreal it's not straight now.

Dang - they still haven't sorted it out? Do you have any lawyer buddies that could go with you to meet the GM and get some high level attention about this? They are in all sorts of breach of contract and if this doesn't get sorted yesterday you could be out everything if your bike was stolen - don't think insurance companies will work with you for a minute if your paperwork isn't 100% and ticked and tied.

This just gets worse and worse - they don't appear to be taking their mistakes seriously.

I wish you all the best in getting this settled soon.

Dave.
Insurance in a loss situation could be a problem.

I am a few months behind you, but have had the exact same experience. Although I purchased mine outright January 11th. It has taken them until the first of May to get my plates. Someone (if you have dealt with them, you know who!) from the dealership had to go into the tax office to straighten something out, in order to get the plates. Now their comment is "we have nothing to do with the Title, it is the State of Texas!" Sounds like I will need to reference your experience. Thanks David, for the unsolicited information.

I am having same issue, 3 months on my GSA, and 2 months so far on my s1000RR, I also turned a buddy onto a deal for a 17 leftover 1200 gsa and he is having the same issue. I am not going to slam them on purchase or service as the buying experience was good and straight forward, fair price and fair trade. Kind of ruined all that work by the team with bad follow up on plates. I wont recommend them to my friends but wont tell anyone not to buy there. I ill swing by again tomorrow to discus with them again and show them this thread. Having another strong healthy BMW dealer or any dealer in the area is in everyone's interest.

I am having same issue, 3 months on my GSA, and 2 months so far on my s1000RR, I also turned a buddy onto a deal for a 17 leftover 1200 gsa and he is having the same issue. I am not going to slam them on purchase or service as the buying experience was good and straight forward, fair price and fair trade. Kind of ruined all that work by the team with bad follow up on plates. I wont recommend them to my friends but wont tell anyone not to buy there. I ill swing by again tomorrow to discus with them again and show them this thread. Having another strong healthy BMW dealer or any dealer in the area is in everyone's interest.

I guess that is a good way to think of it, Jerry. I wouldn't try dissuade anyone from buying there, but I wish they would do a better job of conducting their business and own up to their mistakes.

Their service guys seem to be top notch and the dealership is great to go and kick the tires. I got a good deal on the Duke but based on my latest efforts to understand the hang up with plates and title, I kinda wonder what they "knew" about it before I bought. I haven't bothered to ask, because based on recent interactions, I pretty much know what the answer would be.

I made the deal for the Duke without ever seeing it. It was listed at their Oklahoma store. The sales pictures showed a windshield extender. When I got the bike, they had removed the extender. I am pretty sure I would have removed it as well, so no big deal, but they didn't give me the option. This can be explained away, but buying based on internet pictures can be dicey, and requires a certain amount of trust. I am not certain I would do that again with this dealership. Not because of the extender, but because of the preponderance of issues and loss of my trust lately.

In the meantime, I still am waiting on my title, almost a half year later. An issue they claim to have "nothing to do with".

"we have nothing to do with the Title, it is the State of Texas!"

Exactly what they told me.

Agree with both your comments, sales and service were fine, but if I can't get timely legal title to my purchase, then what's the point.

BTW, Ian is no longer working there so if you are emailing him, it's a blackhole. "B" offered help, but never followed up.

BTW, your information is also not safe with these folks. They use FREE GMAIL accounts to transact business. <employee>.eurotek@gmail.com Not good business practices and terrible for their customers. I refused to email them any documents for specifically this reason.

Turns out a Clayton Little is the owner, he also owns BMW Motorcycles of OKC. I haven't found any contact information yet, which is also interesting. If I owned a customer focused business I'd want folks to be able to find me.

I have called the State DMV at (888) 368-4689 received assistance from one of the most helpful persons I have ever dealt with in our governmental bureaucracy. With my VIN information, Steven walked me through what they have record of. I purchased the bike 1/11/2018. The Title application was received May 9th from the dealer, registration and plates were issued then. Two business days for the State to process the title, seven business days to print, mail then receive the Title. According to Steven, I should see the title in the next few days.

Joe, so funny, I went out today to check the mail and low and behold the title gods have blessed me. My title showed up, dated May 12, 2018. 10 months and 5 days after my purchase.

Though it's all late I'm glad it worked out for you guys. Did Ian leave the company all the way? Last I heard he was doing something else within company.

No idea of his status. He stopped responding to email. Brianna told me he was "no longer with the company."

Back