• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

tip from a local

do the sisters friday early AM if you dont want alot of looky loo traffic... the later you start out the more you will have to deal with.

I always ride the sisters on a Tuesday and start out from Kerrville @ 7am and literally have no traffic to deal with.

Thanks. My only options are starting from Kerrville at 11am Friday or 6am Monday.

Either of those better?

you will have less road traffic out there on monday
just go, have a good time and enjoy the ride ! :rider:
watch for deer if you do the 6am

I guess 11am Friday is my best bet.

Should I just expect to go slow behind cars at that point?

not necessarily, just try and get past them it also depends on your riding style Personally I dont like to putz along smelling the flowers, I like to boogey on my WideGlide... but, I'm not your "typical old Harley rider."

:rofl:

If you are really wanting to enjoy the three sisters area I recommend shifting to during the week, like on Monday or Tuesday if you can swing it. The weekends will offer a bunch of couches on wheels grinding their pipes around corners they can barely make speed around and that doesn't even begin to include the touristas...

Aren't you going to join us for breakfast at ost cafe in bandera on saturday?

Back