• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Texas Hill Country 500 - Nov 2-4, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
weather nation 10/16/18 10:45am:

2nd highest crest on llano river and bridge collapse in kingsland texas

but of course , everything flows away from junction so i guess this is down stream happening.

The bridge that washed out was on FM2900 just south of Kingsland. That is not on the routes for either day.

Hello Mike,

I do have the layouts, measurements and list of drills from Spartanburg and RawHyde, though it has been about 10 years.

Glad to help with some advance notice (so that I can arrange to take the time away from family)

Please let me know what the plan is

Maybe the time change will allow an extra hour to drink ?

Jorge, be careful offering, I plan on being out every weekend up to the event getting things ready, if you are looking for a little manual labor I would be happy to find something for you to do :)

I also want to work on laying out some type of slow speed obstacle course that will be a little challenging for the bigger bikes then some things like log jumping for the smaller bikes. If anybody wants to help one of these weekends that would be great. I have a lot of railroad ties and a couple of downed trees I have been saving for this purpose.

There was someone on this site that attended the BMW Adventure training class and had the specs on how to lay it out, would be fun to see what they did.

So far as I know everything is still a go, the only problem would be if it never stops raining. We need a day or two to dry out before the event.

I will be out at the property again on Friday working all weekend. In talking with neighbors the Pedernales is way in flood stage and is backing up the creek. I don't think our lower pasture flooded, but I am sure there is a bunch of new debris to police up. Sure hope my railroad ties didn't wash away.

JT are you going to show up for this, at least dinner and booze ?

We wouldn't miss it. :mrgreen:

For those who are camping at Mike & Mary Morisoli's, what are you planning to do for showers?

Sorry to hear you can't make it, hopefully you can next year!

As to showers, if the rain stops long enough this weekend I am trying to move and setup our fifth wheel trailer near the new barn. This has an outdoor shower that I have used many times, but that is when nobody is around. I am going to try and rig up some type of privacy screen and with some cement pavers make a little outdoor shower area. At least that would be an option, I will know more after this weekend and post an update.

Also, I will work with Richard to update the origional post, but due to the increadable turnout of over 70 people for Friday night, I am switching the food up to some catered BBQ. More details to come, but this way Mary and I don't have to stress about that many mouths to feed and I can have fun too :) There is a local restarunt that will supply all the food, fixings and even a nice desert.

Will still have a hot grill for those that want to bring their own special food to cook. As well as at least one fire pit, may need a second for the size of the crowd.

Lets hope for a little bit of dry weather a couple of days before the ride.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, hopefully you can next year!

As to showers, if the rain stops long enough this weekend I am trying to move and setup our fifth wheel trailer near the new barn. This has an outdoor shower that I have used many times, but that is when nobody is around. I am going to try and rig up some type of privacy screen and with some cement pavers make a little outdoor shower area. At least that would be an option, I will know more after this weekend and post an update.

Also, I will work with Richard to update the origional post, but due to the increadable turnout of over 70 people for Friday night, I am switching the food up to some catered BBQ. More details to come, but this way Mary and I don't have to stress about that many mouths to feed and I can have fun too :) There is a local restarunt that will supply all the food, fixings and even a nice desert.

Will still have a hot grill for those that want to bring their own special food to cook. As well as at least one fire pit, may need a second for the size of the crowd.

Lets hope for a little bit of dry weather a couple of days before the ride.

Awesome! Thank you!

One of my close friends will be visiting that weekend so I won't make it to the friday night gathering, but you bet I'll be there saturday/sunday.

Mike, will you be posting a paypal link for folks to chip in for the BBQ?

I updated the first post with the Friday night meal change. I will talk to Mike soon about setting up a paypal account for donations for the meal.

Can anyone tell me if this ride would be safe to bring my daughter on? Not sure what kind of dirt roads we will be encountering and having a passenger.
35fe156d8b4054347c24b150cc6a80a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The dirt roads are typically hill country gravel roads, some sand and a couple rocky river bottoms. I would do the ride with my wife on the back, but she is staying behind to clean up and put up after we head out on Saturday morning. With that said, I have gone a lot of stupid places two up with her, so my judgement may not be the best to put any faith in.

My only concern is what is the state of the river crossings after the floods. I am pretty sure the water levels will have gone down by the time of the ride, but the bottoms will have shifted, some for the better some for the worse I suspect. These big water events tend to remove some of the slime.

I'm not going to make it this year. Too many MC trips lately.

Rooms just opened up at the Best Westerns in Johnson City and Junction if anyone needs one.

Can anyone tell me if this ride would be safe to bring my daughter on? Not sure what kind of dirt roads we will be encountering and having a passenger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Water crossings are probably going to be deeper than normal and the James River is on route, I believe on day 2. Add Lots of dirt, sand, gravel and long days in the saddle make this questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back