• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Short DS ride to College Station Pie Run 12/30/06

Reaction score
It was rainy in the morning of the pie run day. Riding plan of Cruzintexas's sounded very attractive, but cancelled. So I decided to go my own D/S ride, after rain let up around 2:00PM.

Took FM-149 up to Montgomery, then headed west taking 50% dirt 50% paved road making big "S" shape route north & south of hwy 30.

Road was good condition in most areas, but some parts were eroded, muddy, and/or flooded.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Came out around Shiro, took Hwy 30, went up north from Roans Prairie to Shingleton to enjoy a little more D/S ride, then time was up. Took hwy all the way to College Station.

I am not really a pie guy, but surprised how good those were. Enjoyed lemon meringue pie and millionaire pie, as well as the TWTEX slide show. and conversation with good folks!

14.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

Total mile from home to College Station 115 miles, 3-hour ride including 55 miles D/S ride.
Thanks Chris to organizing the event! Must go again!

Thanks!
Ken

Looks like you had a nice ride to the event, Ken. It was a pleasure meeting you and hope to see you at another Pie Run soon.

Nice report Ken sorry I missed it. I recognize some of those roads, looks nice and muddy. I did get out on New Years eve for some dirt road fun up around Independence and Chappel Hill with Desmo, the dirt was in perfect shape after it dried out a bit. Next time you want to go DS'in post up a thread and we will come:rider:

busarider1 said:
Looks like you had a nice ride to the event, Ken. It was a pleasure meeting you and hope to see you at another Pie Run soon.

Hi, Russ,

It was nice to seeing you too! We will see probably at future pie run!

Ken

dbdolan said:
Nice report Ken sorry I missed it. I recognize some of those roads, looks nice and muddy. I did get out on New Years eve for some dirt road fun up around Independence and Chappel Hill with Desmo, the dirt was in perfect shape after it dried out a bit. Next time you want to go DS'in post up a thread and we will come:rider:

I thought you would know those road. Let's ride more D/S!

Ken

Back