TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Upcoming Ride/Trips

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
WoodButcher
Administrator

Dirt Riding in Austin 11/19-27

Well, I've got the week of Thanksgiving off and plan to ride whenever I can find someone to ride with. My only contraints are Thanksgiving day, maybe during the UT game on friday and Saturday evening (need to be home by 4pm).

Anybody interested in trying out one of the Austin club leases with me? I have guest passes. Plus a spare dirt bike if that is holding you back. I think we will have a group on either Wednesday and/or Saturday, but the rest of the time I just want someone to ride with because I won't go alone (or might and shouldn't). I'm happy to go slow and will try to go fast if that is your preference.

One lease is near Thorndale on Highway 79 and the other just outside of Bastrop.

"Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

1999 DR650 - still not from this century
2009 R1200GS Adventure - finally, a new bike
WoodButcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #2
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Re: Dirt Riding in Austin 11/19-27

Doh... Friday and Sat would be the only days I could do anything Not sure if I could get over there though... Sure would like to!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
WoodButcher
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister
Doh... Friday and Sat would be the only days I could do anything Not sure if I could get over there though... Sure would like to!
Well, keep it in mind. Looks like the group ride will be Saturday anyway. Irondawg and a friend or two and a few of my usually riding buddies.

If you want, we have a minimalistic guest room...one twin bed. So if it was just you coming over, we could put you up.

"Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
fastmonstr

I'm in for the 26th or the 27th.

"Traction is Highly Overrated "

08' KTM EXC-R 450,04' WR250F,71' Yamaha CT1C,76' Yamaha RD400
fastmonstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
WoodButcher
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmonstr
I'm in for the 26th or the 27th.
Okay, it's going to be the 26th. It appears the we are leaning towards Rusty's (Walnut Creek) near Bastrop. I'll post the meeting time, but should be around 9am.

Didn't I see you were expecting a family addtion this week? You aren't going to get in trouble coming out to play next week are you?

Old 11-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
XR650Rocketman

fastmonstr has already increased the family by one girl.....Yesterday, 11/17/05.....Everyone is doing fine.....Maybe he can come out and play again now.....

I'd be in for a ride for sure but Jr and I are heading for Big Bend for thanksgivingso he can christen his new XR650R in the desert...We've still got a little planning to do for the December ride also...Happy Thanksgiving to all...
www.RiderDown.org in memory of MiniRocketman
AMA-AARP-Lost Trail Rider
1968 Honda SS125A
2000 Honda XR650R Dual Sport
2000 Honda XR250R Dual Sport
2002 Honda CRF450
2002 KTM 200EXC
2004 Honda XR650R Dual Sport
1982 Super Sport Wife, Django's mom.

Last edited by XR650Rocketman; 11-18-2005 at 09:28 PM.
XR650Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:55 AM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Woot!! Congrats on the little girl! Sarah is about to be one year old... where did that year go!!??

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 11-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #8
fastmonstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister
Woot!! Congrats on the little girl! Sarah is about to be one year old... where did that year go!!??
The baby and mom are doing great.We might get go home from the hospital today.

If all goes well, I'll get to ride next weekend!

Pics are here:http://fastmonstr.smugmug.com/gallery/974818

If you don't like pics of childbirth, don't look at them.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #9
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Awesome. I never realized how much it would affect me being there when it happened. I am surprised you were allowed to take pictures. Once the Doc arrived, cameras were forbidden Don't want any evidence that he might have dropped a baby on it's head The nurses took not so great pics of me cutting the chord. Once he was gone, we could take all the pics we wanted. However, I doubt if I would have been taking many pics anyway because they had me right there in the mix helping, which I was NOT expecting, hehe. Seeing those pics takes me right back...

Quote:

Old 11-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #10
Gilk51
Pie Man v2.0 (retired)
Forum Supporter

Congratulations!

Great shots of new girl and big brother!
Gilk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:22 AM   #11
WoodButcher
Administrator

Okay, just to get this back on topic and up to date. Saturday at Walnut Creek (also called Rusty's - not because of me) at 9am or there about. Looks to be 8-12 riders. Those of you that were going to ride with me on a guest pass, I drive a beige ford pickup and will be pulling a black utility trailer. I should be already inside the gate and I will come let you in, or hop the fence and come grab me.

Since there is some rain in the forecast, there is a small chance that we may slip it until Sunday but I would rather not. If it is minimal rain, it will keep the dust down anyway. Heavy rain and we reschedule.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #12
fastmonstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher
Okay, just to get this back on topic and up to date. Saturday at Walnut Creek (also called Rusty's - not because of me) at 9am or there about. Looks to be 8-12 riders. Those of you that were going to ride with me on a guest pass, I drive a beige ford pickup and will be pulling a black utility trailer. I should be already inside the gate and I will come let you in, or hop the fence and come grab me.

Since there is some rain in the forecast, there is a small chance that we may slip it until Sunday but I would rather not. If it is minimal rain, it will keep the dust down anyway. Heavy rain and we reschedule.
I'm in for Saturday.

The new baby is at home and I'm ready to ride!

I have not ridden off-road in several months, so it will take me a while to get back up to speed.

I'll need a guest pass, Rusty.

Cheers!

Old 11-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #13
WoodButcher
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmonstr
I'm in for Saturday.

The new baby is at home and I'm ready to ride!

I have not ridden off-road in several months, so it will take me a while to get back up to speed.

I'll need a guest pass, Rusty.

Cheers!
You know how to get there, right? As of right now, the rain forecast is getting stronger for starting Friday and ending Sat. morning, which is better then the previous Sat/Sunday combo. Hopefully it will be more on Friday. If it isn't really heavy out there, it will be fine on Saturday. Actually good in places because it will firm up the sand.

Can you PM me your regular email address? That way I can direct mail status for the ride as the weather shapes up. Probably a phone number would be good too.