TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Specialty Topic Forums > Dealerships, Local Shop and Aftermarket Vendor Reviews

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
_RG_
Forum Supporter

Arrowhead...a rare vendor

Folks, it's always easy for me to gripe...seems to come natural. But when something, or this case someone, goes way beyond the call of duty - I feel like it's worth killing some pixels to let other riders know about it.

I rolled into Moab a couple weeks ago with a KLR that had a 15 tooth sprocket and was drowning on gas. I remembered ordering some stuff from a place there called Arrowhead MotorSports. Figured, what the heck...go see if I can find it and get a 14 tooth sprocket.

Found the place and wandered around in the shop looking over inventory. The fellow there was catching phone call orders and straightening out cycle magazine writers the whole time...one call after another. He finally caught a break and came over to see what a noob like me could possibly want.

After explaining that the KLR in back of my truck out there just came from Ouray Colorado where it was dying on the high passes and smoking like a diesel, the guy's whole focus became getting that bike taken care of so I could ride some trails around Moab.

We grabbed a 14 sprocket off the shelf, he opens his garage/shop and starts gathering up tools to change the sprocket. We spent the next while visiting about our common past and fixing that bike. The guy is a genuine pleasure to work with.

After that, he grabs up a bunch of maps and starts showing me some choice trails to ride and making sure I didn't get in over my head out there. Oh...and charged me about half what the sprocket was marked...total.

I mean, what more could anyone ask. It was just another case of motorcycle riders doing for each other. All I could do was offer the guy a place to stay if he ever heads this way to ride the Texas Hill Country. I'd heard some folks say this guy stood out from the crowd when they needed some obscure part or advice about their bike but...nuff said.
_RG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
ed29

Re: Arrowhead...a rare vendor

Thanks for the reminder. I was needing a few goodies for my KLR, so I just tossed them an order.

Life is short... Ride it hard.
ed29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
tricepilot
Forum Supporter

Excellent post, RG.

Refreshing also - it counter-balances at least 5 of the tedious whine and cheeze threads where folks have pined about shop service and/or their staff.
tricepilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
CycleCat

Moab is a day's ride from here. I've had occasion to pass through but never heard of this place. I'll look them up next time I need some stuff.
A red Guzzi & a blue Ducati
CycleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I've been using Fred for several years for most of my KLR stuff. He is usually full of info when I call and he gets the stuff to me pretty quick.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote