Go Back   TWT Forums > Board Administration > News

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Current Total For Aug: $648.07
(Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84)

If you enjoy the TWT site we would like to encourage you to help support the site. Every little bit helps, even the small one time donations. By donating you get the satisfaction of knowing you are helping to keep the site available for everyone's enjoyment as well as some extra perks

Here is a comparison of normal Registered Users and Forum Supporter:

Registered Users
  • Max of 50 saved Private Messages, Max of one recipient per message
  • No custom user title under your username
  • Avatar image size 150 x 150 at 32Kb
  • Profile image size 200 x 200 at 65Kb
  • May use the attachment feature in posts

Forum Supporter
  • Max of 1000 saved Private Messages, Max of 10 recipients per message
  • Custom user title under your username
  • Avatar image size 200 x 200 at 75Kb
  • Profile image size 300 x 300 at 100Kb
  • May use the attachment feature in posts and also upload larger images into the TWT Photo Gallery where they can then be linked to in your posts.

To make a donation and become a Forum Supporter, click the Support TWT link in the center of the main Nav Bar at the top of any page on the website. Currently, donations can be made via Paypal or by mailing a payment. For the cost of a single trip to Starbucks, you can support TWT for a month!

Please note on the Donate page that there are three options for donating. You may do a one time monthly payment, a recurring monthly payment, or pay for an entire year at one time. The only difference among them is in the amounts. Forum supporter status only lasts for the donation duration. So if you pay for one month only, at the end of 30 days, your status and privileges will lapse. At any time, you may resume supporter status by simply making another donation. All images that may be in the Photo Gallery will remain there, you just won't be able to upload additional images after your status lapses until you donate again.

Donations are treated as gifts under the IRS code and are thus not tax deductible for the donor.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas

Last edited by Tourmeister; 08-21-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
littlefawn

Red face Re: Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Hello all, i hope i can help. i just set up a paypal.acc to you. TWT Merry Christmas. FROM littlefawn and my sister one-night.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
The Bruce
Forum Supporter

Re: Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Worth every penny!
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
Texas T
Forum Supporter

C'mon folks... $5 a month? You can't afford $5 a month to support a great site?

"I'm a motorcyclist and motorcycling is all about riding on the TT course". Conrad Harrison at the 2012 Isle Of Man TT.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
littlefawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
C'mon folks... $5 a month? You can't afford $5 a month to support a great site?
I just set up a pay pal acc for $10.00 a month and i am on disability, so if i can do it so can you, to keep the site going.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Curly27784

Just made a donation through PayPal. I really enjoy this site, because the folks here seem like good people.
'02 Honda 750 Shadow Spirit
'73 Honda CT 90
'73 Honda CT 70
Curly27784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Thanks Curly.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #8
Gravel Guy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
Worth every penny!
Bruce is right; I am on auto-donate, too.

Mark
East of Weird, Texas
Gravel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
tricepilot
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelklr View Post
Bruce is right; I am on auto-donate, too.

I would be too, but I'm down to one vehicle
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
Gravel Guy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelklr View Post
Bruce is right; I am on MOTO-donate, too.

Corrected that for me.....thanks TP!
Mark
East of Weird, Texas
Gravel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
E4x4Eric

Just made a donation.
E4x4Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
The Bruce
Forum Supporter

Or set up a monthly donation. $5 a month is cheap for what this forum provides. Better than any mag subscription.

posted using Tapatalk, as if you cared. :-p
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #13
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Thanks Eric

Quote:

Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #14
johnlt3
Forum Supporter

I just donated. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite sites.

2010 KTM 450 EXC (street legal)
2002 KTM 520 EXC
1999 Honda XR 400
johnlt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Thanks John! Glad to hear you like the site so much

Quote:

Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #16
texary

Hey Tourmaster,
I took your advice and bought the KLR650 recently posted.
To show my appreciation I set up an ongoing PayPal account.
Thanks for your efforts. ~ Texary
texary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #17
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by texary View Post
Hey Tourmaster,
I took your advice and bought the KLR650 recently posted.
To show my appreciation I set up an ongoing PayPal account.
Thanks for your efforts. ~ Texary
Cool! Which KLR was it? There have been a bunch for sale... Thanks for the donation!

Quote:

Old 02-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #18
buck000
Forum Supporter

Back in. Just call me the Prodigal Rider.

Thanks for all that you do, Scott.

Chris Martenson Crash Course - Worth viewing.
buck000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #19
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
Back in. Just call me the Prodigal Rider.

Thanks for all that you do, Scott.
You realize you have been active here for almost nine years...

Quote:

Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
texary

I bought the 2007 from another nubie, Barbead.
Picked it up yesterday, took a little "get acquainted ride" in the neighborhood this morning. Should I mention it was about 53 degrees, or, I was wearing no gear, no helmet and it started to rain? That was a lot more fun 40 or 50 years ago!
texary is offline   Reply With Quote