TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Prayer Requests

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
mschulz

Broke down in Tucson

I'd like everyone to remember and pray for Ara, he's broke down in Tucson. I've injoyed his ride reports for a longtime and could tell he seemed like a man on more than just a nice long road trip we all dream about doing one day, but reading a little more about him I found out about how he lost his son to cancer a few years ago. My wife and I have been blessed with two sons of our own and it's hard to imagine losing one or even both. God used the love that I had for them to bring me to a place where I would truly commit my life to him and I was born again. God gave me no promises that I would not see a day without them in it but he did give me this, and that is no matter what happens in my life, what I gain or even what I lose that He would always be with me and I would be able to say" It is well with my soul". I laid my sons on the altar many years ago and they are His, but He's given them back to me to raise for a time and I'm thankful. I'm also so thankful that He laid His son on the altar for us. Thank you and God bless.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
SL350
Forum Supporter

Re: Broke down in Tuscon

This is Ara:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=Ara

SL350, CT90
SL350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Texas T
Forum Supporter

Re: Broke down in Tuscon

Tucson

not

Tuscon

(yeah, we natives get a bit peeved about that)

"I'm a motorcyclist and motorcycling is all about riding on the TT course". Conrad Harrison at the 2012 Isle Of Man TT.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
mschulz

Re: Broke down in Tucson

My mistake, corrections made, I'm dyslexic and can't spell. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
Texas T
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
My mistake, corrections made, I'm dyslexic and can't spell. Thanks.
Not to worry, it is a very common mistake. I appreciate what you're trying to do for Ara and Spirit.

"I'm a motorcyclist and motorcycling is all about riding on the TT course". Conrad Harrison at the 2012 Isle Of Man TT.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
FJRHank

ya'll? where in tucson is Ara? what's the situation? I followed the "about Ara" link but not seeing anything up to date?
FJRHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Gilk51
Pie Man v2.0 (retired)
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRHank View Post
ya'll? where in tucson is Ara? what's the situation? I followed the "about Ara" link but not seeing anything up to date?
The TWT link in post #2 has a lllllong story - go to the end to see his sidecar rig being towed (post #965 on page 49). The repairs will be expensive and he can't cover it. There is a way to donate on his blog.
Gilk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
Texas T
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRHank View Post
Follow the link and read the front page...
http://theoasisofmysoul.com/

He's currently staying with someone in Green Valley but I don't know for how long.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
DaveC

My economy precludes any participating in his recovery. I can only offer moral support at this time. That and a bump to the top of the page.

"heck, that ain't far! Let's ride"
Quote:
"Such as thou art, so once was I
As I am now, so shalt thou be"
Inscribed on the tomb of The Black Prince , Edward of Woodstock, 1376
Quote:
Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious.
Will Rogers

Ride Naked!
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I can really relate to his discomfort and being on the receiving end of other people's charity. Over the years, I have used TWT to raise money for various people in need of help. I never expected to be one of them though. After Beth and I had an accident a few years back, the flood of support from TWT members was literally overwhelming. I had the same feelings that Ara describes, but folks reminded me that there are times to give and times to receive. Just glad I can be on the helping side again

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Oct: $787.97 - Previous Month: $854.43 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote