TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Gone But Not Forgotten!

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #61
Pappa

Re: We have lost a good friend, Mark Eggers

As soon as finances are a little better we will definately be at a run of some kind.

Auto repair is slow these days and i work on commission.
but it will get better soon.

Then dont be surprised if your cruisi'n the roads and this awesome lookin bike comes toolin around you....lol
Old 11-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #62
Pappa

It has been a few years since i last posted in here. I wanted everyone to know Mark's bike is safe still runs and is ridden regularly.
I reread the full post and decided it was well past due for me to post and show pics of the bike.
The bike rest on my deck in front of my house, guarded well ( jack russell and smith and wesson)
I went out and took pics just minutes before writing this post. I also noticed my plates are expired ( OOPS).
i am going to try to post the pics hopefully it works.

If Kim is still reading this thread i hope she will like knowing that Mark's bike is still around and handing out fun by the fistfuls.

Instead of building steps on our deck we built a ramp so we could keep our bikes on the deck until the garage is built.

Pappa
Attached Thumbnails
pics of Mark's bike 001.jpg   pics of Mark's bike 002.jpg   pics of Mark's bike 003.jpg  

pics of Mark's bike 004.jpg   pics of Mark's bike 005.jpg  

Last edited by Pappa; 11-25-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: forgot some info
Pappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #63
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Hey Pappa! Good to hear from you and glad to see the bike is still being ridden. I know that would have meant a lot to Mark. That was a special bike for him. To my knowledge, Kim no longer follows this thread or even comes to the site. She was not a rider. Also, I think she finally managed to put this behind her, as much as that is possible, and last I heard, she had met a new guy that was really good for her.

I find myself thinking about Mark a lot every year about this time. He was a great guy. Some time back I was contacted by his daughter from his first marriage. Her mom left him when the daughter was 12 years old and she had not seen Mark again. She was in her first year of college when she contacted me. She had been googling his name trying to find a way to contact him. She found this thread. That is how she learned of his death. Obviously she was shocked to learn of it. However, she told me that reading this thread over and over really helped her to deal with her grief. Her Mom had always made Mark out to be some kind of monster, something the daughter did not recall before he left. Reading this thread and the comments of other people about Mark helped to confirm what she remembered about her Dad being a great guy. We exchanged a few PM's, but I don't know if she ever comes here anymore either.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For May: $327.81 - Previous Month: $920.74 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #64
Snoopster

Recently I heard Scott talking about how Mark's daughter had found out about him through this thread. I did not know anything about this & it brought tears to my eyes. I still think of Mark esp. when I go past his crash site. He was such a kind person and made me feel good about riding. I can't believe how long it's been since we lost him.
'04 Honda CRF 230F
'02 Suzuki SV 650S "Skyy" RIP (2005-2013)
Four Bikers and a Monkey
Utah Bound and...
Snoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #65
Fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
I can't believe how long it's been since we lost him.
Man has time passed The memory of that day has faded somewhat.

Keith
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #66
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Just this afternoon I was reading his ride report from the Hodges Gardens trip he did with us that summer before his accident. He REALLY enjoyed that weekend of riding!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For May: $327.81 - Previous Month: $920.74 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 02-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #67
Mark's Gal

Just a Note

It's been a long time but every now and again it feels just like yesterday. I still panic when a loved one doesn't answer their phone or return my call within a reasonable amount of time; the time has gotten longer as the years have passed but the fear still strikes. My heart still falls in my stomach when I hear of a rider going down, today hearing and seeing some of the effects of the two motorcycle officers that collided sent me back to that day when we lost Mark. So here I am having read every post, remembering how incredible the people that circled around Andy and myself to get us through our loss were. I'm still not sure if everyone really knows how grateful I truly am. I do love that Mark's bike is still a treasure to another rider. I love that people still talk about him and that his stories can still be read, his legacy lives on.

Andy and I live on as well. God has blessed us greatly. I am remarried to yet another incredible man for which I am truly thankful for helping my heart heal and love again. To have found love twice in one lifetime is truly a blessing. Andy graduated high school this past spring and is just starting his second semester of college up at Dallas Baptist University where he decided was the only school he was going to. Since it was the only one he applied to I was very thankful when the acceptance letter came in. Andy has started college with the desire to become a children's pastor, he has recently thrown around the idea of becoming a math teacher as well. I know that whatever he decides, it will be something to do with helping children and he will do it very well. He definitely has a love for them like Mark did. I am very proud of him and know that Mark is smiling down on us all.

I've attached a picture of Andy we took at Freshman orientation so everyone can see just how he's grown. He really is my pride and joy.
Attached Thumbnails
DBU Orientation 1410.jpg  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #68
primate

I always wonder when I see an article in the paper if it was a TWT member, and it seems like there's always stuff in the news. I'm glad you found love again. Not even the same circumstances, but it took me 20 years.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #69
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Re: Just a Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's Gal View Post
It's been a long time but every now and again it feels just like yesterday. I still panic when a loved one doesn't answer their phone or return my call within a reasonable amount of time; the time has gotten longer as the years have passed but the fear still strikes. My heart still falls in my stomach when I hear of a rider going down, today hearing and seeing some of the effects of the two motorcycle officers that collided sent me back to that day when we lost Mark. So here I am having read every post, remembering how incredible the people that circled around Andy and myself to get us through our loss were. I'm still not sure if everyone really knows how grateful I truly am. I do love that Mark's bike is still a treasure to another rider. I love that people still talk about him and that his stories can still be read, his legacy lives on.

Andy and I live on as well. God has blessed us greatly. I am remarried to yet another incredible man for which I am truly thankful for helping my heart heal and love again. To have found love twice in one lifetime is truly a blessing. Andy graduated high school this past spring and is just starting his second semester of college up at Dallas Baptist University where he decided was the only school he was going to. Since it was the only one he applied to I was very thankful when the acceptance letter came in. Andy has started college with the desire to become a children's pastor, he has recently thrown around the idea of becoming a math teacher as well. I know that whatever he decides, it will be something to do with helping children and he will do it very well. He definitely has a love for them like Mark did. I am very proud of him and know that Mark is smiling down on us all.

I've attached a picture of Andy we took at Freshman orientation so everyone can see just how he's grown. He really is my pride and joy.
Thanks for the update! Good to see Andy doing so well. No doubt Mark would be very proud of him. I am also very glad to hear that you have remarried and are doing well. I still think about Mark often. Strange how someone I knew for such a short time could have such an impact on me. I guess he was just that kind of guy. He had a BIG heart!

Quote:

Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #70
rob-houston

Saw this thread pop up. Had a strange sense of Deja Vu. I knew the name!

I remember talking to him about his bike. I would stop on the side of the road where his accident occurred and say a prayer. The guy that owned/operated the property stopped on his tractor one day and we talked for a while.

God Bless!

Garmin Nuvi 1450 LMT refurb.

2013 Honda CB500XA
2003 Blue Ninja 250
2008 Kawasaki KLR-650
1983 Honda XL-185S
1969 Penton 125cc (KTM frame Sachs motor)
1969 Honda CB-350
1967 Honda CL-175 (Insurance replacement for S-90)
1966 Honda S-90 (Totaled into 1964 Mustang)

1979/1980 Pearl White Bianchi 15 speed

Rob
rob-houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #71
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Hey Rob!

Quote:

Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #72
Amber Woods

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. My name is Amber, I was Mark's Stepdaughter. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for posting such nice things about him on here. I always know I am not the only one to think about him still, but seeing just confirms it.
Amber Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #73
Pappa

I was contacted by a young lady here wanting to know if she could see Mark's bike sometime. I have no problem with that. I know the impact it can have on a person to see something that once belonged to a loved one.
I recently had the opportunity to go to a movie museum in Cali. and i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw they had bikes from the movie ON ANY SUNDAY displayed . That wasnt the shocking part. The shocking part, that brought me to tears ( a grown man of 47) was that right next to Steve Mcqueen and Bruce Brown bikes was my dads bike. He had about 10 mins of riding in the movie during two of the races. I just couldnt believe it.
So even tho the bike isnt running right now , I am sure it would still have the same impact on a person to know that something that belonged to a loved one such as Mark is still loved and ridden by another.
As soon as i get the parts the bike will be back up and running again.
I have been out of work for quite awhile now and just started a new job this week. So as soon as i get some bills caught up The Viffer WILL be back on the road again.

I reread this thread from the beginning as i always do when i come in here,and it surprises me everytime at just how much it touches me at what everyone has to say about a man whose time came too early.

I am proud to be the one that was allowed to revive Mark's bike.

Thank-you Marks-gal
and thank-you all

Mike
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #74
rob-houston

Wow! On any Sunday! What a great show! I missed it because I had to go into the Army. They showed it in Worms. I watched it three times in a row.

Pappa, what bike did your father ride?

Hi, Scott. Still riding my 250! About to turn 40,000!

This thread has brought back some nice memories!!!!!

2013 Honda CB500XA
2003 Blue Ninja 250
2008 Kawasaki KLR-650
1983 Honda XL-185S
1969 Honda CB-350

Rob
Old 02-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #75
Pappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-houston View Post
Wow! On any Sunday! What a great show! I missed it because I had to go into the Army. They showed it in Worms. I watched it three times in a row.

Pappa, what bike did your father ride?

Hi, Scott. Still riding my 250! About to turn 40,000!

This thread has brought back some nice memories!!!!!

1967 bultaco "elbandito" 360 painted red/white
Old 02-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #76
rob-houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa View Post
1967 bultaco "elbandito" 360 painted red/white
Ah! Bultaco! More memories! I think I'm having fun now thanks to Mark! God Bless!

My brother had what I thought was 125cc Sherpa S. My 125cc Penton would out run him. He'd pull me in 1st gear then I'd blow him away. I've got the engine in my garage, it turned out to be a 100cc.

I've got his 250cc Matador SD sitting outside rusting waiting for someone to take it and rebuild it! I have the manual and brochures for a Lobito Trail, Matador, Sherpa T, Campera, Pursang MK-4, El Tigre, and Sherpa S's. How's that for a list of Bultacos? I learned to ride on Jap bikes and always had trouble getting used to the reversed brake and gear shift on the Bul's!

2013 Honda CB500XA
2003 Blue Ninja 250
2008 Kawasaki KLR-650
1983 Honda XL-185S
1969 Honda CB-350

Rob
Old 02-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #77
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Mark's ride report to Hodges Gardens a few months before the accident.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415

This was his first taste of group riding. He was really wanting to do more of it because he enjoyed hanging out with other riders so much.

Quote: