TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions > Members Gallery

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
tcb

Tony "tcb" Zimmerm, Minnesota

Hi: Tony from Minnesota. Riding currently a 2007 Bandit 1250s set up for sport touring and a modified Thruxton road racer set up for street use. Don't actually have a pic of the Bandit in my computer! Sorry
Attached Thumbnails
TBThrux.jpg  
tcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
jhansen

Re: Tony (tcb) Zimmerm, Minnesota

Howdy! Where in Minnesota?
AMA #289603 Life member
Patriot Guard Rider
---------------------------------------------------
jhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
tricepilot
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
I reserve the right to be wrong, but I bet he meant Zimmerman. Just northwest of the Twin Cities.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Texas T
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Up there in the great white north, doncha know. You betcha.

Welcome Tony, eh?

"I'm a motorcyclist and motorcycling is all about riding on the TT course". Conrad Harrison at the 2012 Isle Of Man TT.
Texas T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
sKatZ
Destroyer of Butterflies
Forum Supporter

Hi! One of the first forums I ever visited was a group in MN. Fun bunch - lots of great pond riding photos That's on my to-do list!

Loud brakes save lives.
sKatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Re: Tony "tcb" Zimmerm, Minnesota

While the Bandit is a nice bikes to see pics of... MORE pics of the Thruxton please

Welcome to the site!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #7
Electrified
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
While the Bandit is a nice bikes to see pics of... MORE pics of the Thruxton please

Welcome to the site!
+1

Welcome to TWT!

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1999 Nomad (Sold but not forgotten)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Electrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
tcb

Yes, it is Zimmerman, Minnesota, and the movie "Fargo" does portray us accurately!
Attached Thumbnails
vintage gp 2006 001 (Small).jpg   craigmillerrace078 (Small).jpg   Thrux 407 001 (Small).jpg  

Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
MacDaddy

Welcome Tony, hear you're having an easy winter so far.

I spent my first 25 years growing up in Stillwater and Forest Lake. I remember studding up the tires (1300 screws) on my YZ 465 and playing on the lakes in the winter. Those were the days when the fast snowmobiles were 440 free airs. They sure hated getting passed my a motorcycle.

Looks like you might have some "salty" stories to share.

Blue 06 FJR
Orange 12 Wee-Strom (The real thing)
Black 09 DRZ 400S
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
tcb

Yeah, I spent 2004-2009 in Utah, and so got to race at Miller Motorsports Park and ran on the salt a couple of years. Great fun and great roads in the Uintas and Wasatch mountains.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
primate

I spent 1st grade thru 10th in Coon Rapids. Many years ago now, but I still have friends there, and vacation in MN fairly often. Been by Zimm many times on the way to Mille Lacs, or, 'up nort'.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
tcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
Welcome Tony, hear you're having an easy winter so far.

I spent my first 25 years growing up in Stillwater and Forest Lake. I remember studding up the tires (1300 screws) on my YZ 465 and playing on the lakes in the winter. Those were the days when the fast snowmobiles were 440 free airs. They sure hated getting passed my a motorcycle.

Looks like you might have some "salty" stories to share.
Back in the late 60's and early 70's, I had the misfortune of being a mechanic off and on on snowmobiles and remember re-cleating Arctic Cat tracks and putting new pistons in free air Skidoos each Monday morning when people got back from their weekend forays.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I would REALLY appreciate it if you would email me a larger copy of that shot of you sitting on the salt flat... tourmeister at twtex.com. I would like to include it in the front page image rotation if that is okay with you.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
tcb

Quote:
I would REALLY appreciate it if you would email me a larger copy of that shot of you sitting on the salt flat... tourmeister at twtex.com. I would like to include it in the front page image rotation if that is okay with you.
I don't know how to attach to your site E-mail-there's no place for attachments. PM or e-mail me with your e-mailor tell me how you do it on here
Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Just use your regular email program and include the photo as an attachment. You don't need to send it through the forum email function. That's why I included my address in the post above

Quote:

Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
tshelfer

My son-in-law is from St. Cloud. Welcome to the site.
tshelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #17
tcb

Quote:
Just use your regular email program and include the photo as an attachment. You don't need to send it through the forum email function. That's why I included my address in the post above
Yeah, I didn't see it at first. You should have it in your e-mail now. If it's the wrong size, let me know. I think I sent one of each size I had. Tony
Old 01-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Got it. Thanks!

Quote:

Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
fotoTEX

Welcome to this site. We spend a couple of months each summer escaping the Texas Heat in Grand Marais, MN. Am having a ADV group from NE MN in July for a Texas BBQ dinner in Grand Marais on July 14th. Drop in if you can.

You can spot me, We are the Airstream proudly flying the Texas Flag out front. Located in the GM Municipal Campground. The BBQ will be at the Outdoor Pavillion right on Lake Superior. BBQ with a View...
fotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote