TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Board Administration > News

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 03-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #21
Mark_M

Re: Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

I recently subscribed few months ago for a one year recurring auto pay via paypal and just got an email saying that subscription is about to expire ???

Also Thank you Scott for your email with thanks for the subscription and for all you do to keep this awesome website up n running and not letting it run wild.

Mark
(FZ6Biker)
2004 FZ6-S (blue)
2005 Yamaha VMax(Red)
20Th Anniversary Edition #100 of 2000

"It's not a mode of transport, its not a hobby, its not even a midlife crisis ,its just an ADDICTION !!!"

An addiction I hope there's no cure for

Last edited by Mark_M; 03-07-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Mark_M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_M View Post
I recently subscribed few months ago for a one year recurring auto pay via paypal and just got an email saying that subscription is about to expire ???
If you do the auto recurring, what you are reallydoing is starting a new subscription each month automatically after the previous one expires. The automatic email goes out a week before the end of EACH subscription just as a courtesy reminder to keep people from letting a subscription run if they forget about it or to prevent it from accidentally lapsing if they want to keep it going.

Quote:
Also Thank you Scott for your email with thanks for the subscription and for all you do to keep this awesome website up n running and not letting it run wild.
Thanks.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #23
RollingJ
Forum Supporter

A couple times of year someone will ask this question. I think that the email is part of Scott's master plan to slide a donation bump in under the radar...

Geez. All you have to do is ask. I'm always good for a thread bump. (and a donation... I like it here...)

06KLX250S 05CRF450X 98ST1100

<<<<<<<<<<__________________________

All you really need to know is that R-man took that picture. I've been avatar pirating for too long.
RollingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #24
Timbercat
Forum Supporter

Where can you get sooooo much for sooooo little.

If you read and enjoy TWT as much as I do, you need to donate. It's the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I just change where I want to go.....
:
http://Timbercat.whereamiriding.com

Last edited by Timbercat; 03-13-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Timbercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingJ View Post
A couple times of year someone will ask this question. I think that the email is part of Scott's master plan to slide a donation bump in under the radar...

Geez. All you have to do is ask. I'm always good for a thread bump. (and a donation... I like it here...)

It is a built in feature to the forum software. I had nothing to do with it. Promise

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Aug: $648.07 - Previous Month: $879.01 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
Gravel Guy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post

It is a built in feature to the forum software. I had nothing to do with it. Promise
Like a "random" program?
Mark
East of Weird, Texas
Gravel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #27
Mad Mac

Hey Scott. Knew you when you were on the TexCycle Yahoo group and you started this forum. Well done.

I quit riding for a while but still have not come to my senses. Have you considered Google Ad Sense for forums? With all the traffic you have I think you would be awash in money, and the advertising does not have to be annoying. In fact it is very on point, helpful and most people won't even notice it. I even use adsense on my tiny, neglected website, Best-Motorcycle.com and do well enough to get 1099s from Google.

Congratulations on a great forum.
Mad Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #28
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
Hey Scott. Knew you when you were on the TexCycle Yahoo group and you started this forum. Well done.

I quit riding for a while but still have not come to my senses. Have you considered Google Ad Sense for forums? With all the traffic you have I think you would be awash in money, and the advertising does not have to be annoying. In fact it is very on point, helpful and most people won't even notice it. I even use adsense on my tiny, neglected website, Best-Motorcycle.com and do well enough to get 1099s from Google.

Congratulations on a great forum.
Hey Mac,

Yeah. I have thought about it. I guess for me I just don't like the look. I've seen it introduced on other forums and I just don't care for it. I know it might make me more money, but I'd rather focus on the look of the site. I have thought about doing the Amazon affiliate thing where I get a percentage of the sales when people buy stuff after linking to Amazon from here. I just haven't gotten serious about it.

Quote:

Old 03-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #29
hizzo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Hey Mac,

Yeah. I have thought about it. I guess for me I just don't like the look. I've seen it introduced on other forums and I just don't care for it. I know it might make me more money, but I'd rather focus on the look of the site. I have thought about doing the Amazon affiliate thing where I get a percentage of the sales when people buy stuff after linking to Amazon from here. I just haven't gotten serious about it.
I would do the amazon thing since I buy 80% of everything I own through them. Ad sense however I hate. The annoying pop up boxes and so forth make me cringe every time I mouse over them by mistake. Thank you for not implementing ad sense. Get serious though on the amz thing. I spend about 50 to 100 a month through them without blinking.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DL1000K6, VN750A20
hizzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
Mad Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzo3 View Post
...Ad sense however I hate. The annoying pop up boxes and so forth make me cringe...
The annoying pop up boxes to which you refer are Google Ad Words. I do not like them, either.

Google Ad Sense is the ads you see in the margins, headers or footers of web sites. They are no more obtrusive than the banner ads Scott is already using. Or maybe you hadn't noticed.

Here is a forum that uses Google Ad Choice, a variation of ad sense that displays the ad based on the type of web site you are viewing rather than the content of the page. Can you find the ad? (It's at the very top.) Reportedly, this forum makes $10,000 a month.

Did you notice the ad choice ad on that last link? They are on many web pages you view, but probably never notice them. But sometimes they can be relevant and helpful. If you have a web site, it's really nice to get a check every month, too.
Mad Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
hizzo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
The annoying pop up boxes to which you refer are Google Ad Words. I do not like them, either.

Google Ad Sense is the ads you see in the margins, headers or footers of web sites. They are no more obtrusive than the banner ads Scott is already using. Or maybe you hadn't noticed.

Here is a forum that uses Google Ad Choice, a variation of ad sense that displays the ad based on the type of web site you are viewing rather than the content of the page. Can you find the ad? (It's at the very top.) Reportedly, this forum makes $10,000 a month.

Did you notice the ad choice ad on that last link? They are on many web pages you view, but probably never notice them. But sometimes they can be relevant and helpful. If you have a web site, it's really nice to get a check every month, too.
Oh cool didn't know that. I get the two crossed up and thought they were one in the same. I don't mind the banner unless they start talking.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DL1000K6, VN750A20
hizzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
Jaguar

Hi
I am back after a real long time and saw this post for donations. If I refresh your memory, I promote Gaurav Jani's movies in US "Riding Solo" and "One Crazy Ride". If you let me sell these DVDs on the forum I'd commit $2 for every DVD sold.

By the way Gaurav is going to be in town from India on May 24th and we shall be screening OCR.

Thanks

Jag

'87 - Bajaj Super scooter
'90 - Yamaha RX-100
'94 - RoyalEnfield Bullet Machismo
'94 - Yamaha RX-100
'97 - Vespa Piaggio
'03 - Harley Dyna SuperGlide FXD - current
'04 - RoyalEnfield Thunderbird - current
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #33
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Hi
I am back after a real long time and saw this post for donations. If I refresh your memory, I promote Gaurav Jani's movies in US "Riding Solo" and "One Crazy Ride". If you let me sell these DVDs on the forum I'd commit $2 for every DVD sold.

By the way Gaurav is going to be in town from India on May 24th and we shall be screening OCR.

Thanks

Jag
If you like, you can start a thread in the Vendor Forum. There is no charge. Of course, any donations to TWT would be very much appreciated.

Quote:

Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #34
MsSuzieQ
Forum Supporter

Ok, got mine all set up through Paypal for a monthly donation!
and wherever you're going that's wherever you are,
and nobody knows it but me........ Patrick O'Leary

2000 V-Star 650
1999 HD Road King
2006 Road Star
MsSuzieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #35
Texas T
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSuzieQ View Post
Ok, got mine all set up through Paypal for a monthly donation!
Brand new to the site and donating already! Impressive.

"I'm a motorcyclist and motorcycling is all about riding on the TT course". Conrad Harrison at the 2012 Isle Of Man TT.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #36
MsSuzieQ
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Brand new to the site and donating already! Impressive.
Thank you.. I support what I enjoy and I make my living in this industry, so it is a win win situation...

Besides, if my young brother thinks enough of the board to be a paid sponsor, my donation is well spent...
and wherever you're going that's wherever you are,
and nobody knows it but me........ Patrick O'Leary

2000 V-Star 650
1999 HD Road King
2006 Road Star
MsSuzieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #37
RogerDe

Just made a donation to help the TWT forum...Ride On....
Old 06-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #38
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Thanks Roger!

Quote:

Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #39
McRuss

I checked my records and found that I have not been a 'supporting' member so I fired off a pay pal to the tourmeister tonight (he accosted me at a Whataburger in Huntsville today so I felt guilty!)
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #40
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

It was good to see you Russ. Hope you had a good ride home. Thanks for the donation!

Quote: