• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Dads and Daughters

Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Coyer
OK folks, listen up-
Here's a place where we can showcase the road trips we take with our beloved daughters.
And if we have daughters who DON'T ride, it's ok--
We still want to see you with goofing around with them too!:clap:
I'm posting my best photos first, and will continue to post pics as our trips happen.
My wife and I both ride, and our daughters always ride with us.
My 13 year old, Brownie, rides behind Mom on her Marauder 800, and my 15 year old, Angel, rides behind me, usually on my XR650L, but we'll soon be sharing a 2007 Bandit Twelfiddy.

My first pic is me with my girls at Crater Lake, Oregon, August 2007. We spent a week riding all over southern Oregon and northern California.
Second is my girls on a ride to Mt. St. Helens, September 2007.
Third was taken at Garnet Ghost Town, near Missoula, Montana, 2006.
Fourth is Angel near the end of a 500 mile day, somewhere in Idaho. 2007.
Last is Angel tooling around a parking lot on my Radian.
It will be her 17th birthday present.

So step up, everybody.
Let's see those beautiful girls!

Attachments

• Crater Lake11 (2).jpg
    Crater Lake11 (2).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 583
  • Dads trip 027 (2).jpg
    Dads trip 027 (2).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 546
  • Garnet Ghost Town[1] (2).jpg
    Garnet Ghost Town[1] (2).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 609
  • Mnt St[1][1]. Helens Ride (2).jpg
    Mnt St[1][1]. Helens Ride (2).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 556
  • scan0001 (2).jpg
    scan0001 (2).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 559
Darling Daughter on the back of the Dakar as we pulled into the parking lot at The Shed in Edom.

EdomPieRun07012.jpg

Outside of the East Texas Burger Company pie run in Mineola.

lee_kathleen_dave_3766q.jpg

She didn't seem to understand that this was a PIE run, not a cake run.

kathleen_pie_3769q.jpg

I just have two sons so I have to cheat and submit other father-daughter pictures... :tears:

Also at the Pie Run to Sealy.

Erin and old friend John Renken

259119549_D3Pko-M.jpg

Erin and Uncle Randy.

259119768_49Xvm-M.jpg

They brought her pie first, so here she is finishing her meal.
259119851_werFK-M.jpg

One more. The required Dad and Daughter picture.

259119986_NmKwP-M.jpg

What about mother-daughter?? :)

Per the intent of the original poster, we'd like to keep this particular thread focused just on the Father/Daughter relationship. However, there is nothing wrong with starting other threads about specific relationships or something more generic like I was hinting at.

This is an old pic.

girlsonbike8mc.jpg

My daughters haven't ridden with me before because they have been too young. My oldest is 8, middle is 7, and youngest is 4. I took the bike out to get it warmed up and my wife said "why don't you take the girls around the block?" I said sure.

We put a jacket and helmet on them and I went around the block with them oldest to youngest. I went slowly but gassed it a few times to make it more fun for the older 2. With the youngest i didn't get out of first gear. When my wife took her off the back she was crying. My wife said "oh were you scared?"

Her reply was, "Daddy didn't go fast enough!" :rofl:

She scares me. :pray:

My daughter gets rides so often she's pretty tired of it, really. I take her to school and pick her up almost every day on my R90/6. Thinking about it, however, I realized I have only one photo of her on one of my bikes. So I guess this will have to do. She's about 10yo in the photo. She's 16 now.

harleyalex.jpg

This is a FANTASTIC thread idea!

I have a few pictures I need to dig up and post! Thanks for the idea and the start up! :thumb:

COOL! Mine got her first ride on Sunday!!!

If you look, she's got a big grin. Sunday was the first time she wasnt freaked out about the started engine. And I put her on the bike with the engine started and then I put it in gear and went realllly slow. She's not two yet, but please dont call social services or CPA on me!!!:giveup:

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 438
My daughter is now old enough (16yo) -- and tall enough -- where she can straddle both my XS650 and my R90/6 flatfooted. She's already dropping some big hints. Dunno if I'm ready for this yet.

Hey! That's really cool you fathers are getting your daughters involved in this. Even if they don't take up riding, it will be nice memories for them :thumb:

Here is me and my youngest (Thing 2) on our famous Missouri trip last summer. Arkansas has a minimum age restriction of 8 years old, so we had to ride around through OK into MO. At the time of this photo, she was 6.

dsc00273ng7.jpg

My son started riding on the seat in front of me when he was 2. I found a super small helmet with padding for a smaller head. I had a 1982 Kawi Gpz 550 at the time, he would lean up over the gas tank and hold on to the bars. He held on like a tick on a houndawg. I never heard him once say anything but faster daddy. He and I ran up a lot of miles on that Kawi, he developed into a really good rider. Only problem came up when I worked a terrible motorcycle accident on East 51st and the sight of the poor dead guy got me so scared about having a incident with Wes on the bike with me, that I sold the bike and quit riding for about 6 or 7 years. I was not going to be the one who killed my own son on a motorcycle. Later on after his mom and I seperated I bought a primo 82 Honda Nighthawk 750 from a newly christened Aggie Vet graduate for a song. Resumed riding career from there on. Son later on started riding with me again off and on. I know this is about daughters but I never had one so the boy will have to do for now.

My son started riding on the seat in front of me when he was 2. I found a super small helmet with padding for a smaller head. I had a 1982 Kawi Gpz 550 at the time, he would lean up over the gas tank and hold on to the bars. He held on like a tick on a houndawg. I never heard him once say anything but faster daddy. He and I ran up a lot of miles on that Kawi, he developed into a really good rider. Only problem came up when I worked a terrible motorcycle accident on East 51st and the sight of the poor dead guy got me so scared about having a incident with Wes on the bike with me, that I sold the bike and quit riding for about 6 or 7 years. I was not going to be the one who killed my own son on a motorcycle. Later on after his mom and I seperated I bought a primo 82 Honda Nighthawk 750 from a newly christened Aggie Vet graduate for a song. Resumed riding career from there on. Son later on started riding with me again off and on. I know this is about daughters but I never had one so the boy will have to do for now.

Welcome back!
Glad you are riding again and sharing the adventure.

My youngest kid, Kayla, now 21. Not riding on her own, but had fun just sitting on the KAW.

100_0753.jpg

My youngest kid, Kayla, now 21. Not riding on her own, but had fun just sitting on the KAW.

100_0753.jpg

Get her some gear and take her out for a spin. Just try to avoid the bridges... :wary:

We haven't quite graduated from the street in front of the house, but she LOVES it!

1dc26955.jpg

In light of this thread, my oldest and I took a spin around the neighborhood today. Its official. She has made it clear that she wants her own motorcycle...a red one. :mrgreen:

KyrstinandI.jpg

DSC_9853.jpg

DSC_9857.jpg

Back