• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

35 years in a barn, 78 XL75

Just doing one thing will get you going and having a little success with it will keep it in your mind, this thing is driving me nuts at the moment, side note, I pulled into the garage this evening and the battery was sitting on the seat, the tank was moved and there were blue marks from the jack on the side case, my first thought was the Grand kids but the wife informed me that it did it all by it's self, I didn't have the jack on a catch and it had settled down and allowed the bike to tip over, no one to blame but myself. :doh:

It happens, lol. I put a nice little scratch on mines tank when I knocked it over onto my weight bench.

I'm not overly concerned with looks, but still a sad moment, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007_zpsglqr3gkc.jpg

The 78 sits but added this running 81.

Don't give up on it. Back in the 70s I used to hotrod these machines for the local kids racing indoor short track in the winter up in Ohio. Cool little bikes.

Last edited:
Don't give up on it. Back in the 70s I used to hotrod these machines for the local kids racing indoor short track in the winter up in Ohio. Cool little bikes.

I won't but it will no doubt become a stripped down little dirt bike as I pulled the working speedo and cable for the 81 as well as the straight kick start lever vs the dog legged one that came on the later models.

Dave that Grom is sick, would love to have two of them for pasture racing with the wife.

Not with the 78, had it running a while back but lost spark, will need a FW puller to look at the points, lost interest for the moment.

Re: 35 years in a barn, 78 XL75 update.

That thing is beautiful!

I ended up selling my project XT. Just lost interest and decided I wanted a new pistol instead, lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I know a guy in Granbury with a project XL175 for $60 If you or anyone else has any interest, I can ask if he still has it.

If it was closer I would probably grab it but I've gotten to where it has to be something pretty special to drive very far from home, wife gets a little edgy when I'm gone all day on a weekend but thank you for the heads up.

Same thing happens to me. "I'm going to Ft Worth to meet someone to buy (x)..."
Grapevine, lol.

Back