• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Scoot - Need NEW Routes

hcope1

Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Last Name
Copeland
A "PIG" has replaced the VFR. Now I need some routes in North Carolina. I'm NOT looking for one-track stuff where I'll spend my few remaining days laying under a 600 lb pile of German coathangers praying for death.:giveup:
I'm looking for some of those roads that start out paved and turn to dirt as you crest the top. I know DynaSport and Wasabi left me several times on our trip to North Carolina. Any roads in GA, TENN or KY would also be appreciated.

http://web.mac.com/hcopeland/iWeb/Site/Library 2.html

Attachments

• BMW GS .jpg
    BMW GS .jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 104
hcope1 said:
A "PIG" has replaced the VFR. Now I need some routes in North Carolina. I'm NOT looking for one-track stuff where I'll spend my few remaining days laying under a 600 lb pile of German coathangers praying for death.:giveup:
I'm looking for some of those roads that start out paved and turn to dirt as you crest the top. I know DynaSport and Wasabi left me several times on our trip to North Carolina. Any roads in GA, TENN or KY would also be appreciated.

http://web.mac.com/hcopeland/iWeb/Site/Library 2.html
Nice ride buzz!!! I hope you can make it to AR with me in sept!!!
Steve

hcope1 said:
I'm NOT looking for one-track stuff where I'll spend my few remaining days laying under a 600 lb pile of German coathangers praying for death

:rofl:

Congrats on the new motosickle!!

Yet another one goes to the dark side... ;-)

Have fun on the new scooter, Buzz! We'll expect some ride reports, of course. :rider:

:tab Oh Lord... there are just so many!!! But I forget, you are the guy that visits the same place every year for 20 years and is surprised by new roads just a few miles away :nana:

:tab You have a GPS right? I think I have the tracks from our last NC ride. I can email them to you.

Has anyone done a study on how many riders upgrade from VFR to GS? It's gotta be some kinda sickness.

A LOT keep the VFR and the GS together ;-) Both bikes appeal to the geeks because they are exercises in nerdiness :-P

Squeaky said:
Has anyone done a study on how many riders upgrade from VFR to GS? It's gotta be some kinda sickness.

Hey wait a minute, I started out with a GS, then bought a VFR, then sold it and bought a Futura. Wait a minute, I still have the GS though.

What can I say, it is comfortable and fun to ride.

I thought about selling the GS and the Aprilia and buying a new GS Adventure. But, maybe I will just ask for my deposit back...

If you give a few days to get back home, I think I have a few of the paved to gravel/dirt roads along with a few forest roads that I've ridden on written down. I should be home Friday night, so I'll look and see what I have on Saturday morning.

Tourmeister said:
:tab Oh Lord... there are just so many!!! But I forget, you are the guy that visits the same place every year for 20 years and is surprised by new roads just a few miles away :nana:

:tab You have a GPS right? I think I have the tracks from our last NC ride. I can email them to you.
What can I say? Creature of habit, lazy ???:zen: I do know every backroad within 250 miles of Birmingham. Anyway, e-mail me the files. PLEASE! I'm using City Select v7. I think I can figure out anything v6 and up. I got a notice of v8 for another $75.

And, no more dissin' the VFR. I'm merely following my great and wise leader. 2 VFR's, 1 VFR, GS, KLR...............??? I'm afraid a GasGas is in my future.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

STrider said:
Congrats, Buzz!! Added benefit: now your name fits your ride.
Surely, you're not suggesting that the GS Boxer engine runs at anything less than a sweet purrrrrr?:rider:
By the way, is your Plumber friend joining us this year?

Attachments

• The End copy.jpg
    The End copy.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 92
hcope1 said:
Surely, you're not suggesting that the GS Boxer engine runs at anything less than a sweet purrrrrr?:rider:
By the way, is your Plumber friend joining us this year?

I do believe the owner of the :moon: in question is on the D list. Wouldnt ya know it, he's a VFR guy too.

STrider said:
I do believe the owner of the :moon: in question is on the D list. Wouldnt ya know it, he's a VFR guy too.
Doesn't look like a VFR to me!:trust:

Attachments

• SF Mike Corner.jpg
    SF Mike Corner.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 70
Hey, keep it clean folks - I don't want diet coke spewing from my nose again! Plumber crack is never fun! (btw, for those that can't identify the crack, who is that?)

Squeaky said:
Hey, keep it clean folks - I don't want diet coke spewing from my nose again! Plumber crack is never fun! (btw, for those that can't identify the crack, who is that?)
Does this help?

Attachments

• SF Matt & Mike.jpg
    SF Matt & Mike.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 91
STrider said:
I'm pretty sure that's not Mike. I spent enough time trying to catch him on that trip, I should know. I don't wanna incriminate anyone, but the screen name of that backside rhymes with reeloy.
I know that I DON'T "wan't fries with that"; but, in reeloy's defense, it's not him.

Check out the pants. And I think you owe someone an apology.:pray:

Attachments

• Load Trailer (1) copy.jpg
    Load Trailer (1) copy.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 187
So it's an unidentified crack? Man, this is funny!

hcope1 said:
Check out the pants. And I think you owe someone an apology.:pray:

You are correct sir.

Mike and Kieth, I sincerely and most humbly apologize for misidentifying your bums.:hail: :hail:

For the record, the extreme lower back/ very upper leg area until recently incorrectly identified as reeloy's is on the Maybe list.

leeroy's actual backside is on the Definite list.

(if I EVER wanna see the Fall Colors '05 video, I better ante up an apology to Buzz too. There ya go.):giveup: :giveup:

Last edited:
:rofl: You guys are killing me!!

It's Mike :trust: I remember razzing him about it at the time :lol2:

Back