• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Two months later...

TWTim

Reaction score
...they finally arrived off backorder:

bobbins.jpg

(Please forgive the cellphone pic.)

The frame protectors I ordered at the beginning of June for my Rex finally arrived today. Those of you who saw this ride report have a good idea of how long I've been waiting for these things. Apparently, Pro-Tek are the only major accessory manufacturer still making bobbins for the ZRX, and I actually had to wait for a tooling cycle to get them.

Anyhoo, I'll be installing them after rehearsal tonight, so I'll probably post more pics later on.

Woo-hoo! New stuff!

I wish I had known you were looking for a set...Champs Sliders are a quick phone call away...I got mine in less than 3 days.

Ah well...they're necessary on these bikes so I'm glad you got a set.

Yep, me too. :thumb:

BTW, I've never heard of Champs Sliders -- can't even find a website. How much did yours cost, if you don't mind me asking?

If you need anything for your Rex, go here:

www.zrxoa.com

and run a search. Oh, and :thumb: for Champs sliders.

I second getting involved with the ZRXOA. Great bunch of guys...in fact, 12-15 of the Houston ZRXOA guys are coming to my place Sunday to educate me on valve adjustments, bench race, talk smack, and hang out. I'm sure hooliganism will ensue too though :thumb:

I meant to mention, the sliders you got are very similar to Champs and I bet they do exactly what you want them to do if you ever need them...hopefully you won't though. If that makes any sense. I hope I never actually NEED mine!

I second getting involved with the ZRXOA.

I've nosed around there a few times and downloaded some pics of the Rexes I liked. I might join at some point, but the last thing I need in my life right now is another forum board. :lol2:

BTW, thanks for all the info. :thumb:

I really should invest in a set of these. It's hard for me to spend money on something that doesn't make it go faster, but I know it's money well spent.

I really should invest in a set of these. It's hard for me to spend money on something that doesn't make it go faster, but I know it's money well spent.

That's kind of the way I look at it, too.

BTW, I didn't get them put on last night, but I'll be on it tonight fuh' sho'.

All done:

framesliderleft.jpg

framesliderright.jpg

motormountbolts.jpg

Piece of cake. Took about 30 minutes, counting the time it took for me to find my misplaced bottle of thread lock.

They look nice Tim. Now, like I mentioned before, hope you never have to use 'em!

Thanks. I really like how the billet pieces are milled. Plus, the bobbins themselves spin off and can be switched out with any of Pro-Tek's other colors. Not that I'd do that -- black is perfect for these.

But yeah, for sure, here's hoping they never have to be used! :zen:

Well, if nothing else they make a decent set of highway pegs to stretch your legs out on during long rides.

¡ANGRY UPDATE!

So imagine my venom when I got home from riding last night to find that the starboard bobbin had fallen off.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I'll take some pics tonight, but in the meantime, imagine this pic with only the billet piece in place:

framesliderright.jpg

I 'lock-tighted' the motor-mount bolts on installation, but not the bobbins, as they were attached and torqued by the factory. There's no way they shouldn't have required disassembly, a coat of threadlock, and reassembly. I'm pissed off in a major way.

Back