• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sad, witnessed a last ride.

Glad to see the followup info posted. I see too many motorcyclists talk how some "stupid cager pulled out in front of them" but refuse to acknowledge that if they're doing way over the speed limit the car didn't really pull out in front of them but they instead caused a closing speed way over what the driver should have had to react to.

Thanks for sharing, especially the "I'm only endangering myself."

I've seen a crash where a 400 ish lb sport bike buried itself in the trunk of a mid sized car. Fortunately nobody in the car was injured. These folks don't realize 600 plus pounds of mass at excessive speeds will do a number on a passenger car.

I was on my way back from motorcycle get together Saturday a week ago, when I passed a commotion of Fire Trucks, Ambulances and emergency vehicles. Also a sport bike uprighted, but in the ditch. And unfortunately a white cloth laid over the shape of a body. Later I read about this accident. These things tend to stay with me for a while and accentuates the need to stay alert.

As a rider and a driver, I don't agree 100% with the "lets blame and hate the driver" thought process. I do not text and drive. Non of my cars have ever had anything other than a radio (be it it was a GOOD radio). And I've pulled in front of a bike, I've changed lanes and almost pushed a bike off the road.

We all know it's hard to see things. How many times have you lost your keys, only to find them right in front of you on the counter? Now days, with so many cars, bikes, bike cycles, pedestrians, and the like, there's just so much going on that it's so important now than ever that as riders, we have to be even more careful. I feel bad for the woman too. You know she's got to be broken. I'm sure didn't think, hey, I'm going to the park and run over a bike today.

Stay out of blind spots, keep your speed normal, and stay on your toes. That's all we can do.

What SaB said about what dsvet said

Back