• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2003 Aprilia SL 1000 Falco R for sale or trade

Reaction score
I'm wanting to sell my 2003 Aprilia SL1000 Falco R or trade for a gen1 Yamaha FZ1 or possibly a 2005-2008 Kawasaki ZZR 600. It's a Rotax powered 996cc V-Twin motorcycle in excellent condition with MANY tasteful upgrades. It has been meticulously cared for and maintained with 20,400 miles on the clock. On Craigslist (Houston TX) I'm asking $4400 or best offer but for the right gen1 in excellent condition with low miles I'm willing to make a deal. I'm located in Brenham TX.
I can't figure how to upload pics here but I'd be happy to email them or you can see the write-up and pics at my Craigslist ad.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/4731662807.html
Thanks for looking!

For an example and a little extra info on the Aprilia Falco motorcycles, following is a link to a short write-up on Falcos. Within the article is a link to a very good Youtube review as well:*http://raresportbikesforsale.com/pav...ilia-falco-rs/

Gorgeous bike and very tempting, can't go wrong with the 1st gen FZ1.

Marc B, your profile pic looks like me sitting on the latest generation sport bikes. Maybe one day we'll see sport bikes the size of those from the 90s... just hoping.

Re: 2003 Aprilia SL 1000 Falco R has been traded

Any interest in a ZRX1200R?

Very nice ZRX, RECIT, it's a beautiful machine! I'm going hate to see the Falco go, it's been a great bike to me, but I sure am looking forward to getting on the ZReX...

I've yet to own an Italian bike, and here is my shot. I'm sure we will both enjoy our new steeds when we get the deal done. I've been very happy with my ZREX and I'm sure it will treat you right as well.

All went well in the trade, thanks for a smooth transaction Paul, and welcome to TWTEX.

All went well in the trade, thanks for a smooth transaction Paul, and welcome to TWTEX.
Likewise and thank you! I know it's a bit of a trip for you but if you're ever up for a ride along for some scenic twisty roads in the Brenham area we'd love to have you join sometime.

Marc B, your profile pic looks like me sitting on the latest generation sport bikes. Maybe one day we'll see sport bikes the size of those from the 90s... just hoping.

Ditto, the older Sports were so much more rider friendly with all day comfort.

The Rotax engines in those earlier Apes were bullet-proof. I put like 27k on my 2003 Mille-R before selling it. Engine was built so well it never needed a valve adjustment during that time, never got out of spec. The Tech adjusted one valve once simply because he was already there and it was 'close' to the edge of spec, but still in.
Miss that V2...

Back