• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Three Twisted Sisters

We are tentatively planning dinner at the Lost Maples Friday evening and breakfast at the OST Saturday. Maybe we can meet up with you guys

Thanks for the invite, but we're going to want to be back in Kerrville well before it starts getting dark and the road lice come out in force.

My secret? Save a little reserve in the corners. Always seem to be a gravel presence in the more fun sections.
As licensed Racers Marie and I are both used to a 10/10ths pace with the occassional step over to 11/10ths. But on the track there's no gravel or oil spills, no cars over the center line or deer. So we always leave quite a bit in reserve. Great advice and believe me we are right there with you. On this one!

3 blue GSXR's and I'm taking the Evil Twins so I'll either be on the 916/996SPS Ducati or on my RC51.:rider:

I'm talking about TX55 because it is a 55MPH road through that section and the call of the curves are more than most motorcycle riders can resist. Easy pick'ns. Go ahead, race down that road on the weekend it you feel untouchable.

That makes sense--a speed trap on a road with no traffic didn't compute

Not that I would condone operating a Motorcycle at dangerous speeds on public roads, but if one was of that mindset, you would be well advised to ride a particular section at legal speeds then run back through faster.

Crap, just saw this post AND I have family in town. The MC22 wants to visit the sisters, and won't shut up about it.

The road to Perdition! The call of the curves was too much to resist:giveup:
In the end the RC51 was left behind. 3 GSXR's and a Ducati.
As the ride leader I kept the pace reasonable, that and ,well,,,, honestly brand new 3 year old tires on the Ducati. This particular bike is the uber rare and expensive SPS916 which has the 996 motors factory race kitted, full race Ohlins both ends, magnesium wheels, magnesium Swingarm, and more carbon fiber than you can imagine! Cash involved to build this bike went over the $40K mark!(I didn't spend that, I bought it built) so as with an investment, prudent behavior was the order of the day.
But then again, I never been once to take orders! Even if they come from my own common sense department! I pushed it hard we rode relentlessly, and the Gods smiled on our efforts! We never saw a Cop, a breakdown or a wreck. All the bikes ran great and the accommodations were great at Historic Leakey Inn.
More to come tomorrow.

Back