• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Cli-MaxRidingGear.com

Re: There’s a new Vendor in town!!

Good for you both.

As far as suggestions, a tire changing and balancing service is always appreciated.

Best of luck.

Larry
VFRrider

Thanks Larry, if we can get some replies my brother has pushed me to do a give-away of something from a drawing of all the people who post.

Looking for opinions, what can be done to improve the site, products to carry, etc.

Any suggestions we will discuss and act accordingly, questions are good also.

Looks cool. Is there going to be a B&M store, or online only?

As for suggestions:

logo looks good, but I think I would like it better with the "Cli" in the same font as the "MA" with the "X" line going all the way across.

I know good domain names are hard to come by, but dashes in FQDN's prove to be a significant negative in user friendliness for online businesses.

Best of luck to you and I look forward to trying you out.

Looks cool. Is there going to be a B&M store, or online only?

As for suggestions:

logo looks good, but I think I would like it better with the "Cli" in the same font as the "MA" with the "X" line going all the way across.

Thanks Matt,

We are headquartered out of Waco but pushing online more than at some point possibly have a more visible B&M store.

We will have to play with the logo, and try out your suggestion if my brother hasn't already or take another look, he designed and changed that a few times so hey, a few more wouldn't hurt. :-P:-P He might even try it out and post on here for comments.

Last edited:

I know good domain names are hard to come by, but dashes in FQDN's prove to be a significant negative in user friendliness for online businesses.

Best of luck to you and I look forward to trying you out.

Gary, that was a concern of mine also, as far as finding, supposedly we have the CLIMAXRIDINGGEAR.com also and should forward to the web page, we will have to wait and see.

Also we hopefully backed up the webpage by saving the code on notepad incase we mess the page code up we can go back and paste the original to be back where we started.

What is the FQ Domain Names?

Nice looking site so far. I actually have a question. I see you guys are carrying the Scala Rider Intercom setups. I currently have a scala set up but am interested in if you can purchase additional bases.. the part the mounts to the helmet. so that I could just transfer the transponding unit itself from helmet to helmet.. see as you prolly guessed now I have more then 1 helmet. Thanks

Hey Josh,

Good question, I will find out and get back to you. I have a Scala Teamset myself, that would be a good idea.

I found this but will need to clarify if what you are asking is available.
Scala-1.jpg

Yea that is basically what I am looking for however I have the Scala Q2 team set I think? I don't know if all the bases are interchangable with the transponders..
thanks

Good for you both.

As far as suggestions, a tire changing and balancing service is always appreciated.

Best of luck.

Larry
VFRrider

We could put Bill (DFW Warrior) to work actually getting paid for what he does for beer money! :lol2: As many tires as he does, he'd be a rich man!

We could put Bill (DFW Warrior) to work actually getting paid for what he does for beer money! :lol2: As many tires as he does, he'd be a rich man!

Hmmmm.....:ponder: Maybe, just maybe.......

On a serious note, for suggestions... I'd start looking into some cooling vests for the upcoming summer months. I know that those types of threads always pop up on the first day of upper 90's around here.

Also, maybe you could strike a deal with BeadRider and sell beaded seats as well. I don't know the logistics in it, but some (like me) swear by them for keeping your junk cool in the summer months.

Yea that is basically what I am looking for however I have the Scala Q2 team set I think? I don't know if all the bases are interchangeable with the transponders..
thanks

Josh, the item I posted above is what you need. This has the long boom w/MP3 connections. It's on our web site as of now if you need any.

Scala use to have an option when purchasing the Q2, a short or a long boom, now they exclusively ship the long boom. Measured from the clamp, not including but to the mic, short about 5", long apprx. 7".

Also, we wanted to have a customer friendly "Return Policy" so if you guys could take a look and see what you think.

Hmmmm.....:ponder: Maybe, just maybe.......

On a serious note, for suggestions... I'd start looking into some cooling vests for the upcoming summer months. I know that those types of threads always pop up on the first day of upper 90's around here.

Also, maybe you could strike a deal with BeadRider and sell beaded seats as well. I don't know the logistics in it, but some (like me) swear by them for keeping your junk cool in the summer months.

Both are excellent ideas Bill, we started with the Air Hawk, we can I think ;-) add the beaded seats, I will take a look at BeadRider, cooling vest we will check on.

Good luck.

Thanks Lee, we need all that we can muster or you can pass on! How's your luck running with your electrics on your vintage bike, still holding up?

glad to see more gear vendors out there. good luck.

I like the smooth flow of the site, it appears to be very usr friendly. Pricing looks competitive and the selection looks good.

Best of luck with the new business.

Hmmmm.... what about selling other things like tires and such? I know it's a big jump from what is on your site right now, but who knows... peeps need tires and I'd rather buy from someone I know, instead of someone I don't.

The bi-focal sunglasses look great! I have bookmarked your site and will order after uncle sam gets done with tax return.............don't ask, could be a long summer of showing him his mistake

Good site with reasonable prices. My only immediate suggestion would be to actually present the FAQ in question-answer format. If not, just call it 'Policies' or some-such instead.

Best of luck. Who knows, you could be the next Competition Accessories. Keep up the good work.

:thumb:

glad to see more gear vendors out there. good luck.

Thanks and if you need something you do not see give us a shout like Josh, if we have a source the item can be added or work something out another way. ;-) If there is a will there is always a way!

I like the smooth flow of the site, it appears to be very usr friendly. Pricing looks competitive and the selection looks good.

Best of luck with the new business.

Thanks for noticing, we did want a clean looking site. You might think you can go into business and you get dealers cost and roll, not that easy, the dist. are in business to make monies also so you have to do a bit of horse trading to secure better deals for your customers, that's where I come in, the dirty work guy. :trust: ;-) Someone has to sweep the floors and take out the trash. As we start moving product I can do more for my customers, haha but I have to do something to maintain what I have! :thumb:

Hmmmm.... what about selling other things like tires and such? I know it's a big jump from what is on your site right now, but who knows... peeps need tires and I'd rather buy from someone I know, instead of someone I don't.

and YOU would think this Bill, wonder why...:shrug:

Great idea :clap:, actually you are on track with my thinking, a couple of issues we have to work out is the drop-down menu for sizes and prices, the other is pricing, already working on this some. I know I will have my brother work on the drop down menus, he needs something to do. :rofl: We will have tires on in the future.

Tell me what did you are anyone have in mind, specifics or generally speaking?

The bi-focal sunglasses look great! I have bookmarked your site and will order after uncle sam gets done with tax return.............don't ask, could be a long summer of showing him his mistake

Glad you brought this up, these were difficult to locate a manufacture to produce as the curve of the lens is the issue, easy if you want more of a flat lens or if you pay big bucks for a script for glasses. This was a feather in our hat to locate, and the manufacture is the same that produces Ray Ban IIRC.

The issue was people who could not read their gauges, watch, GPS, etc, had to stop and switch glasses. This enables the wearer to have a standard pair of sunglasses with bifocals.

Because you are reading from a distance you need a lower power than what you would need for reading a book up close. We have a dealer who is selling these, sold out and rebought, at the moment we are only selling through the website verses locating other retail dealers. Reorders are 8 weeks out and inventory we are saving for online customers.

Great product that fits a need well. That is not out of the question either to design a product if enough would move.

I need to do my taxes, thanks for the reminder. :eek2:

Back