• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin - 2 Stroke pipe dent removal?!?!?

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone in the Austin area is any good at removing dents from a 2 stroke pipe.

Looks like heat and air pressure is the best DIY way, but wondering if anyone already has the fittings made up to do it that could help me out?

7A395B00-ED16-4FEA-A624-3B1044D01182_zpsbqbfcrpm.jpg

Looks like a chance of the water neck went missing in action as well, I will look
and see if I still have my fittings around I was not all that happy with the
last set I made and can't remember if I kept them or pitched them so I would
be forced to make a good set next time.

wonder what would happen if you filled it with water and froze it?

Yep that works on smaller diameter head pipes on 4 strokes but usually not on 2 stroke pipes

Bring it to me and let me try or take it to RG.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone in the Austin area is any good at removing dents from a 2 stroke pipe.

Looks like heat and air pressure is the best DIY way, but wondering if anyone already has the fittings made up to do it that could help me out?

7A395B00-ED16-4FEA-A624-3B1044D01182_zpsbqbfcrpm.jpg

That pipe would be easily fixed with a small drill and a slide hammer from Harbor Freight.

I have tried both the water / ice and Heat / air.... and destroyed several pips in the process ... While the frozen experiment did remove the dent... it also split the pipe at the seam which then needed to be hammered back in place and welded. As it was a stock CR125 pipe in black, it did not look too bad when done.
Other pipes were heated and had air pressure applied... but the results were dismal.. There is some art and lots of technique to it.... Which you luck if you try it yourself.

Back