• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FZ1 Farkling has begun

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to go to stock tail light and signals so they would be more visible.

Stockers are a little bulky, but I can stand it.

20180915_1614001.jpg

20180922_1509281.jpg

Yesterday, I got in my Yamaha Soft Bag mounts. They are identical to the SW Motech soft bags, but branded as Yamaha. They were, therefore, actually cheaper than the SW Motech Bags.

Parts left on bike aren't too bad.

20180922_1619001.jpg

20180922_1619071.jpg

These bars slip into the mounts and support the bags, also there is a strap that clips to a female connector on the back of the mount to keep them from going to the rear.

20180922_1619201.jpg

20180922_1619301.jpg

20180922_1619411.jpg

20180922_1619451.jpg

The bags velcro together at the handle for carrying, it takes about a minute to install them. They come with 2 waterproof liner bags that can pull right out and should be great.

Lots of clearance and they do not look very bad on the scooter. Nice to buy Yamaha branded farkles. Next is a SpeedoDRD to correct the 10.9% speedo error.

20180922_1504221.jpg

20180922_1504151.jpg

So, now I am shopping tail packs, should be able to take a test overnighter soon. It would be my first ever. I am sure GixxerJasen and Mitchntx will be very proud.

They grow up so fast ...

I just ordered a Seat Concepts seat kit for her as well. Just about ready to travel. I know Mitch is so proud of me.

I would like to ride down there and do it during the week like the old retired guy I am.

I have a great route that Tony over at Eurosport put together. Great roads there and back. Bill and I used to do it over 2 nights. Leave Sunday and take the long way down, ride the sisters Monday, take the long way home on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a great route......Bill and I used to do it over 2 nights. Leave Sunday and take the long way down, ride the sisters Monday, take the long way home on Tuesday.

Sounds like the way to do it, we might have to invite Mitch, though.:rofl:

Man, I need to just get out without some rain. Almost under water down here, had like 6 in here.

Looking good Doug. Like it with the bags on.

Nice farkles. Yep... time to get an overnight or two in before you buy too many more so you know what you really need.

The big one I think you still need to address is hydration while riding. Getting a drink while riding is important on longer rides and especially when hot.

Most of us have a Camelbacks and they work well, sometimes it's nice to not have something on your back. Tank bag with hydration bladder is a nice alternative and gives you a spot to store you cell phone and maybe hook up a charger.

But...it's starting to cool down so even that can probably wait until Spring.

Now do not forget to add something for low water crossings.:rofl: I wish I would have got a picture of you going across.

I didn't even get my feet wet. I guess I could put a snorkel and flippers in one of the bags Drew.

Nice, I used to tour on my 1st gen FZ1, I retired it a few years ago with almost 80k miles on it. Great all-around bike!

In kerrville now.

Road the sisters back through Utopia ... 270 miles.

Frank is spot on ... Road down on a Sunday and road the area today. Almost no traffic.

Drizzled on us between Llano and Fredericksburg, but was dry pavement for the most part.

Today was glorious.... Blue sky and puffy clouds and mid 80s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitch. Be sure to ride the road at The town of Hunt outside Kerrville (I forget the hey number) and also Hwy 16 on the south end of Kerrville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank ... 16 west of KVILLE is grown up and full of traffic. The switchbacks are now widow makers.

We came back on 1050/470 near Bandera and the 16 home.

Tony ... I could get used to this.

Doug ... cinch it up tight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back on topic, added another farkle to the FZ1. A factory center stand. Woo Hoo!

20180929_0915421.jpg

Thanks Jasen. I must admit it was probably the easiest mod I have done to her. Hardest part was turning on the parts washer and drying everything afterwards. The stand hardly looks used and I was in for $60.00 or so. Nicely done.

Back