• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas and Ok Gravel Adventure

rkruz

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
At the link below is a Garmin Adventure describing a 300 mile ride Lucas and I did from Dallas into Oklahoma. Using big adventure bikes, Vstrom and Tenere, we tried for every gravel road we could find. Ever see giant catfish heads as fence decoration? Checkout the photos in the attached. If this type of riding interests you and you would like a riding partner, drop me a PM.

http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/rkruz2/dallas-to-ok-unpaved-plus-collins-rough-road/

That's pretty cool.

Are those catfish heads on the fence? Are they as big as they look!? :brainsnap

That old steel bridge is really cool. They are getting harder and harder to find as they are decommissioned and replaced with concrete bridges.

I will definitely put this on my list, I'll probably hold out for cooler temperatures though. Thanks for sharing!

What kind of vehicle was that you had a picture of crossing that bridge on the last photo?

Looks like a 1 ton truck with a service body.
Looks like a fun trip.

I was just wondering if it was one of the tornado chasing mobiles. :D I think I'd be in for this as well once it cools down some. Would be a fun chance to get off the beaten path, which is not easy in North Texas!!

What kind of vehicle was that you had a picture of crossing that bridge on the last photo?

Im not sure what the vehicle on the bridge was. It just happened to be using the bridge when I snapped the picture. I zoomed into the original picture and It had dual rear wheels and a roll bar and what looked like utility boxes on the side.

Here is the .gpx if you had trouble pulling it off the link.

Attachments

• Dallas to OK plus Collins Rough Rd.gpx
    592.8 KB · Views: 406
I'm being urged to put together a "Gentleman's" dirt ride for my rider's club. Meaning beginner, graded, flat, etc...

Will be for bikes from full size BMW GS Adventures down to WR 250's.

Would this entire route qualify for newbie/beginner riders if done on a dry day?

And be entertaining enough for my experienced guys?

Can it be done in 1 day by said newbies?

TIA

Big catfish heads on the fence is a common thing around here. well maybe not common but that seems to be where they end up when caught.

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Back