• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

White river cabin rental, arkansas ozarks

Chris, I'd like to check on cabin availability for some dates this summer. I'll hit you up with a PM.

:tab So we spent a few days last week in the cabin. Here are my observations.

:tab The cabin is really nice. The kids loved it. Access to the river is STEEP and can be treacherous if you do not watch your step! The view is nice, especially from the decks down by the river. Sunset shots were sweet looking up the river. Showers were hot with good water pressure. It is ideally located for some superb paved and unpaved riding!

:tab Access is the big issue. The road is is gravel and steep. My GPS recorded it as being a 32% grade for the steep section. Going in, my truck and trailer were sliding with all eight wheels locked. I was able to manually lock the trailer brakes with my in cab controller while letting the truck roll so I could steer and make the one sharp corner. The family was a bit tense during this operation!! Once down the hill, I knew there was NO WAY I would be getting out. My truck is a RAM 1500 (2WD) and I was pulling a 7 X 16 double axle enclosed trailer (2500 lbs + about 1200 lbs cargo).

:tab The rental folks kindly met us in the morning the day we were leaving. Randy arrived with his 4WD F150. My wife went up first in our truck, wheels spinning as she went, then Randy followed pulling the trailer for us. He was unable to get back up the hill. After a failed second attempt, he was sliding backward. When he got it stopped, we put large rocks behind ALL tires and he left the emergency brake applied. There were simply too many large and loose rocks. We eventually decided to call for a local tow service that was able to wench us to the top. Even then, with the cable pulling, the 4WD truck was spinning wheels. Fortunately, the tow service is AAA rated and we will get reimbursed for it. That said, it was only a little over $100 for the tow!! I could not believe it. In the end, it set us back a few hours because of the wait for the tow, but it is all just part of the adventure. Getting in and out on my 1200 GS was no biggie. The same was true for our truck so long as we were not pulling the trailer. If you want to get in/out with a trailer, it had better be a small or lightly loaded trailer and you better have 4WD with pretty aggressive tires. If it is wet... all bets are off. One of the neighbors was there as well and he mentioned that the county had recently been out and added rocks to the road which made it worse than usual.

:tab If I were doing a bike only trip on my GS with some other DS riders, this would be high on my list of places to stay. There are enough beds for five people to sleep in separate beds (plus a pull out couch). The washer and dryer was nice as well since we had kids.

Cabin is about to undergo a major renovation and will be unavailable until around mid September. Taking out the exterior log wall on the riverfront and enclosing the porch in floor to ceiling windows and sliding doors. New bathroom and appliances along with all new flooring. Will post up pics when completed. Should be available for rental around September 15.

Nice! This is still on my list. Now I have the money to do it. Just looking for the time. Maybe next time my son is home.

There is a load of fun riding in the area around the cabin, paved and unpaved. Late Sept would be a nice time to be there.

Considerable remodel almost done on the cabin. All glass across the front with about 30% more living space, totally remodeled bathroom with custom shower, all new flooring, new lighting. Will have a new A/C system installed soon along with more updates. I will resume renting by March. Will update the information page soon with new photos and rates. Will remain a good value with a much improved living area with a wonderful view. A couple of photos taken before interior finished.

AB073782-0E93-4225-B8D9-C72BAB5935F7.jpeg
C6A52E15-5E7B-4A75-9773-D8DBCE58ED18.jpeg
AB073782-0E93-4225-B8D9-C72BAB5935F7.jpeg

C6A52E15-5E7B-4A75-9773-D8DBCE58ED18.jpeg

Fantastic updates to the cabin.
Any improvements to access road for Non-ADV riders?

That is going to be wildly dependent on weather, recent maintenance on the road, etc,... We got there right after the road had been graded, so it was loose. Normally, there would be two relatively clean tracks from vehicles going up and down the road and traction would have been better. I don't know that I would risk riding an expensive street bike with fairings down it. If you have a small trailer and just one or two bikes on it, you'd probably be okay. We had a big enclosed trailer loaded with bikes in combination with the loose road surface and it was too much, even with a 4WD truck trying to haul it back up the hill. Now, it if is raining... All bets are off.

It really is a nice cabin, especially with the recent upgrades! There is a ton of great riding in the area, street and dirt.

Looks like a great place , good value. Would love to go there but sounds like a no go for my Goldwing riding buddies. I Need to get a DS.

Scott pretty much nailed it. I’ve ridden lots of street bikes down the road but I have had the benefit of going up and down that road so many times I just know where to go. With a trailer you do need a 4wd and best to keep it a smaller trailer. The odd thing about that hill is that when it’s wet it never really gets muddy, it seems to get tacky and I hardly ever spin a tire. The bottom can get pretty slippery after heavy rain but my neighbors and I ate putting more gravel in soon.

What kind of beam did you use for that large of a space? Either way they aint cheap!

What kind of beam did you use for that large of a space? Either way they aint cheap!

Made on site. Engineers report called for a 24 inch height beam which was way too tall for clearance. We tripled a 12 inch height cedar beam together which gave us the needed strength. Span is about 28 feet and rests on a remainder of the original log wall. Its not going anywhere.

1st I've seen of this thread. I look forward to you moving out some time!:lol2:

I'm in desperate need of time off.

Back