• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone there?

dcotop

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Nolte
Just seeing of there are any other scooter riders watching this section. For all the fun they are and the usefulness they have, they are an under-appreciated section of the riding world. I am without mine (650 Burgman) here currently. I rode it home a month ago after getting a Triumph Trophy SE. I was lured in by the big gas tank and cruise control. I had been considering another sport touring bike for awhile and decided to get one last bike like that before I retire maybe next year. After 25K on the Burgman in a little over a year, the only things I would really wish to change were the lack of an extra gallon of gas and the lack of an electronic cruise control. There is truly no comparison between a maxi-scooter and a sport-touring bike but for all that they aren't, I do miss a few things about having mine here (limited by space in the RV park). I cant speculate on the smaller versions of the scooters but the maxis sure are fun.
Just throwing it out and looking to see if anyone has any opinions on them and willing to discuss those. :rider:

My independently living millennial son wrecked the three used vehicles I gave him for work transportation. Well that was that. He suffered without a vehicle for two years with Uber, Lyft, train, and bus fares eating up his cash and time on a Wylie to downtown Dallas commute. (Never deny your children the opportunity to know poverty). Anyway I thought it was time to try again but only something on two wheels this time. The only type that I could find that fit a metroplex commute (maneuverability in traffic, ample storage, maintenance simplicity and reliability was a priority) with plenty of power was Yamaha Majesty 400. Actually I liked the first one I found so much I kept it for myself and got another one for him. That was 1 ½ years ago and he hasn’t missed a day of work due to transportation issues and as you know with our recent weather he has gotten soaked on occasion (with rain gear) but the fairing and taller shield still provides the best wind and rain protection. So yes I think scooters are under appreciated and he thinks it’s the bees knees.

Ford1 here, I have been gone from this site for a long time. I ride a Burgman 650 and a Goldwing and you ?

Last edited:
Scooters are fun and very practical in busy urban areas.

Ford1 here, I have been gone from this site for a long time. I ride a Burgman 650 and a Goldwing and you ?
Sorry for the late reply but I have a 650 Burgman and a Triumph Trophy as my main bikes.

I don't have a maxi scooter but may consider one in my future. I've got 2 small scooters (50cc & 168cc) & a motorcycle. The 50cc is a neighborhood scoot & the bigger one is my favorite ride on twisty roads 45-60 mph.

I don't have a maxi scooter but may consider one in my future. I've got 2 small scooters (50cc & 168cc) & a motorcycle. The 50cc is a neighborhood scoot & the bigger one is my favorite ride on twisty roads 45-60 mph.
I can't speak from experience on any other maxi scooter than a 650 Burgman but for me, once I made the decision to make the purchase, it was easy. I've ridden the smaller scooters and found them to be lacking for anything other than a ride around town. The maxis I think are all pretty capable to do regular duty as an almost perfect commuter and to be able to take long trips at highway speeds two up. They will surprise you. The handling and power are more like a motorcycle than a scooter.

I have had my Burgman 650 for about 7 months now. I would have to say it will do anything someone would what . Living in Houston,Tx. it is freeway friendly at speeds of 70 to 80. On my weekends , it is easy to put 300 miles a day on it. It has all the get up and go you would need.
It has a lot of storage one would need. The only thing that I had to work on was to make the bike fit me. Mostly it was the seat and backrest. I'am a short guy and i like to be comfortable, and this is easy to do.

I just ordered a tinted w/s for my 650 Burgman, I should get it the first week of Feb. I just can't wait , A little taller and wider then stock with a vent in the front, and it't wider at the bottom , to help keep some of the cold wind off my hands.

where did all the Scooters go to ?
I don't know. Maybe some are afraid to say they are scooteristas. Not me man. I'll tell the world I ride a maxi-scooter much of the time. I don't have my Burgman here with me right but I do miss riding it.

Back