Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 03-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #21
Snoopster

Re: Montgomery Bike Nights - Thursdays 7:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromedic
I may be able to make it this thursday....
Cool .... we usually start showing up around 6:45. They have a section for us in the bottom level.
'04 Honda CRF 230F (sold)
'02 Suzuki SV 650S "Skyy" RIP (2005-2013)
Four Bikers and a Monkey
Utah Bound and...
Snoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #22
Bluedevil

new week and a new Thur. see ya there tonight..........
09 STALLION, SILVER of course
10 NT700V, (R319) BURGUNDY
Bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #23
Snoopster

Looks like a beautiful day to ride. See ya there.
Four Bikers and a Monkey
Utah Bound and...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #24
Chris-V65Magna-TX

We'll be there tonight. See you all later!
Chris-V65Magna-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #25
euromedic

What a gorgeous day I will be there tonight , any particular table/area that is "ours"?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #26
JacknTexas

tina and i are riding down also +2ok

The best Rx is repeat as needed.
JacknTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #27
euromedic

Twas nice to finally be able to meet some of the faces behind the posts. Got there a bit later , had to leave to get ready for work early tomorrow morning, so short but nice to meet you Jack, Tina, Deb, Chris and Dick. See you next time....
Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #28
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I had the pleasure of working this evening... Sorry to miss you euromedic.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #29
prhaussies

Unhappy Re: Montgomery Bike Nights - Thursdays 7:00pm

I had to miss as I am on call once again. Also have a new puppy pen under construction. See you guys next week. RH
prhaussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #30
Snoopster

Looks like it's going to be a nice afternoon. Any takers?
Four Bikers and a Monkey
Utah Bound and...
Old 04-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #31
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

We should be there. Hope to see Chris, Teri and Megan one last time before they leave us for North Carolina!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #32
prhaussies

See you guys there. RH
prhaussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #33
Chris-V65Magna-TX

Dang, we didn't make it out tonight! We have company over from NC helping us pack and move. Ate a late lunch at Holder's BBQ in Dobbin, one of our family favorites. We were planning on being at Phil's but so much was going on between the house repairs (contractor on site doing exterior repairs, painting, pressure washing etc) that we didn't even get to eat until 9PM tonight. We still have a lot of stuff that needs to be packed. Amazing how much stuff collects over the years.
Right now we're planning on loading up a moving van Monday and being on the road Tuesday AM.

Again, so sorry we didn't make it tonight.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:54 AM   #34
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Dang Chris, was hoping to get to see you guys one more time before you go! What part of NC will you be moving to? I am assuming you are moving back near your old stomping grounds?

Quote:

Old 04-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #35
dbdolan

Ahh bummer, Chris I had no idea you all were moving.
1994 Kawasaki 750 SS Jet Ski- PWC
1995 Sea-Doo Bombardier GTX- PWC
dbdolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #36
Chris-V65Magna-TX

Moving back to Raleigh NC. My folks, brother, sister, and several high-school-era friends that I still keep in touch with are living in the area. Some of them have kids in the same age group as our daughter Megan who is almost 4. It will be nice to have family close by, but I will have to commute from RDU to Houston IAH, which is where I'm based, to fly my trips. I'm usually on the road 4 days and off 3.
By the way, my wife Terri is PREGNANT! She has been feeling nauseous the past several days and took a EPT test (several) and they were all positive. I'll
keep in touch with you all, and of course let you know how things are going!

Ride safe. I'll miss hanging out with the TWTex group!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #37
Blue Bomber
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-V65Magna-TX View Post
By the way, my wife Terri is PREGNANT! She has been feeling nauseous the past several days and took a EPT test (several) and they were all positive. I'll
That is AWESOME! Congratulations to you all. It will be nice to have family and friends around to help with a new baby.

Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Blue Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #38
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-V65Magna-TX View Post

Ride safe. I'll miss hanging out with the TWTex group!
Congrats!! Life is definitely going to get a little busier...

Don't forget to send us some pics!

Quote:

Old 04-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #39
Texas T
Forum Supporter

Chris (and family),
Sorry to see you go but it sounds like being close to home/family will be a good thing for you especially with another little one on the way. Got my General this month so once I finally get a rig maybe we can hook up at some point. Just met W5MMX on the air today - he's a 737 jockey for you guys and was another one stationed on Guam for a while so we've got some common ground there.
Take care and don't forget to check every now and then.

* Brian & Brenda * IBA 50053 & 50354 * IBA Atomic 1000 SS1K Founding riders * Tour Of Honor riders since 2012 * 2002 Goldwing

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." - Saint Augustine
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #40
capfo

Chris,

Congrats! But wouldn't you rather commute to EWR?

I finally have a free Thursday. Is the group meeting for dinner tomorrow night?

'03 YZ450F
'03 YZ250F
'04 Buell XB12R
'06 DL1000 V-Strom
capfo is offline   Reply With Quote