• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Elgin Area Newbie

Reaction score
First Name
jenella
Last Name
herring
Good morning!
Bought a Tiger 800 last Fall and am just learning to ride on dirt. Pavement, no issues. Heh.
I look forward to getting out and seeing what's out there.
Yesterday rode through areas Northeast of Austin for a few hours. That's where these images are from.
aaebaf433b22e6d1c3ab04419c459a9b.jpg
af909276aca81e01d2b005afec74fa2f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A good dirt class can do wonders for your confidence and skills, not to mention keeping your bike and body intact...

UlyBrad here on TWT does an MSF dirt class that has been popular. There is also Bill Dragoo in Oklahoma that focuses on adventure bike riding. The high end of the cost spectrum would be places like Rawhyde Adventures.
Thanks for that info.
I reached out to UlyBrad a week or so ago on someone's suggestion but he's no longer able to teach. He suggested Bryan at Hidden Falls Adventure park.
And yeahhhhhh...one piece sounds good to me.

Howdy Jay. I live up in the Hutto area but my office for work is outside of Elgin. I frequent some of the places you snapped pics of when I get a chance to two wheel it. If you catch a red Versys or white Grom waving it may be me. Either way, welcome!!!

Howdy Jay. I live up in the Hutto area but my office for work is outside of Elgin. I frequent some of the places you snapped pics of when I get a chance to two wheel it. If you catch a red Versys or white Grom waving it may be me. Either way, welcome!!!
I will most definitely keep an eye out!

Spring Creek pops up close to Houston... is that where you were? I could do a day trip down for a group ride. Let me know next time!

Ahh...ok. that shows up on another matter I've seen.
Still interested.. And am trying to make a Merry up one Thursday...

Jay, I think the TARA group ride this Saturday has a bit of dirt, if you want to come out with us.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Jay, I think the TARA group ride this Saturday has a bit of dirt, if you want to come out with us.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
I saw that. I'm working this weekend. :/. I work every other weekend so am hoping to catch one

Sorry Jay, it was called Cedar Creek road. My bad, it's outside of barksdale, tx.

Back