• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Baja No Pinch Tool

Kind of sorry I started this thread now :(

Tire with the Tubeless setup are a ***** because the area you need to have the tire drop into is already full with two layers of inner and outer tubes. There isn't much room to use proper technique.

But with many things in life I could be completely wrong.

I'm aware of at least one other experienced rider who has done his own tires for years and speaks highly of the tool too. I'm considering one based on your and his advice. Keep posting, your perspective is appreciated.

The Baja no pinch is the cat's meow combined with windex and a bead buddy. It has spoiled me.
I can't be more agree. I did two tires yesterday for am African twin effortless. I know I know...

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Embarrassing to admit but I destroyed a bead (or two) using the Baja. I got the following tips from the manufacturer when I asked for the stupid user FAQs.

1) When you get to the hard part -the last 12 inches of bead over the rim. Stop every 1/2 inch of progress. Leave the tool as it is and with both hands stop and push the tire down into the center rim slot working form the bottom on both sides up to where the bead has yet to go over the rim. Do this every 1/2 inch. Take small bites - maybe even less than 1/2" bites on each side. Again, stop continuously to push the tire down into the center of the rim where the spokes attach. This will give the tire more room to stretch over the rim.

2) At all times keep the red bracket firmly on the wheel hub. No exceptions. If the bracket rides up then the pushrod will be pushing downward trying to push the tire bead into the rim and not out over the rim.

3) Finally if I have a really tough tire and have trouble getting the tire into the center wheel well what I do is put the wheel and tire on the ground and use my knees to help push the tire into the center rim slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that poo, poo (technical term) this tool, I'll say I've got one and if you ignore the cost it's great.

With regular tubes, I can now be quicker than an ISDE racer (not counting on/off the bike). With Tubliss, as stated above it makes things much easier. And with bib mousse's it's a godsend.

Embarrassing to admit but I destroyed a bead (or two) using the Baja. I got the following tips from the manufacturer when I asked for the stupid user FAQs.

1) When you get to the hard part -the last 12 inches of bead over the rim. Stop every 1/2 inch of progress. Leave the tool as it is and with both hands stop and push the tire down into the center rim slot working form the bottom on both sides up to where the bead has yet to go over the rim. Do this every 1/2 inch. Take small bites - maybe even less than 1/2" bites on each side. Again, stop continuously to push the tire down into the center of the rim where the spokes attach. This will give the tire more room to stretch over the rim.

2) At all times keep the red bracket firmly on the wheel hub. No exceptions. If the bracket rides up then the pushrod will be pushing downward trying to push the tire bead into the rim and not out over the rim.

3) Finally if I have a really tough tire and have trouble getting the tire into the center wheel well what I do is put the wheel and tire on the ground and use my knees to help push the tire into the center rim slot.

I used the bead buddy or a helper to keep the tire from popping up and the windex of course . Its a lot more simple and I use 1 inch at the end. I also learned you have to see where the thread is so it won't be in the gear way specially in 21 inch wheels. We should make a real demonstration.

TricePilot seems to like his. I've not used one, so can't comment on it specifically. To Silverbullet's point, addressing tire problems on the trail means using what you brought with you. If you carry this with you and know how to use it, that's great. I use the same tire tools on all my bikes, dirt street, and find the techniques listed in the Mad Scientist Tire Academy thread work pretty well. (Okay, I don't carry the 2x4 I use to break the bead on my RT tires.) Key thing to remember is: if you're struggling with a tire repair, regardless of your tools, you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:
I believe in both proper tool and proper use.

Key thing to remember is: if you're struggling with a tire repair, regardless of your tools, you're doing it wrong.

This applies to so many other areas of life... Work smarter, not harder.

texaspatrick;1506557c said:
...So Silverbullet, if you want to let yours go..... : )

It's not mine, I borrowed it to try before purchasing. Haven't been able to connect with owner at home to return it. He's not riding anymore I think so not motivated.

_

i-HcNKb4r-L.jpg

Been there done that

I was talking about using the tool !!!

Back