TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > After the Ride

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 08-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #21
Knobby

Re: TINCUP PASS VIDEO

Man, that video was exhausting to watch. Thanks for sharing.

A buddy and I did the dirt/rock up to Tincup about 2 years ago. Fully loaded with everything including camping gear. It was in the fog and if I'd seen the dropoff I'd have probably turned around. As it was, we could fly along blind and happy. By the time we got around to Lake City, we were so tired we rented Razors and did Engineer, Cinnamon, and the others in that area the next day. One of the greatest single days we had,...we could drift and bang the Razors into mountainsides without a care in the world. Felt like Rally drivers.
Knobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #22
Messenjah

Re: TINCUP PASS VIDEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobby View Post
Man, that video was exhausting to watch. Thanks for sharing.

A buddy and I did the dirt/rock up to Tincup about 2 years ago. Fully loaded with everything including camping gear. It was in the fog and if I'd seen the dropoff I'd have probably turned around. As it was, we could fly along blind and happy. By the time we got around to Lake City, we were so tired we rented Razors and did Engineer, Cinnamon, and the others in that area the next day. One of the greatest single days we had,...we could drift and bang the Razors into mountainsides without a care in the world. Felt like Rally drivers.

My son-in-law and I did Tincup on our fully loaded R1150GSs in 2016. Probably pushing 650# with all the gear. It can be done, but it is punishing. Son-in-law lost his skid plate on the way down, we met a Harley rider in a Wrangler helped us tie it to the exhaust with bailing wire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Messenjah is offline   Reply With Quote