• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Propsper 1/2 Day Gravel Ride

rkruz

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
At the link below, is Garmin Adventure with pictures describing a 1/2 day 140 mile ride Lucas, Greg and myself took starting and ending north of Dallas in Prosper. Prosper, at least for now, is the beginning of the farm and rural country. We started at sunrise to avoid the afternoon heat and finished just after 12pm. The route was mapped out using Garmin maps to use every unpaved road but has the metroplex grows we found many of the roads were now paved. But there was still a significant amount of gravel road.
If this type of riding interests you and you'd like a riding partner, drop me PM.

http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/rkruz2/prosper-unpaved-circle/

Thanks for posting this and the 300 mile loop.

At the link below, is Garmin Adventure with pictures describing a 1/2 day 140 mile ride Lucas, Greg and myself took starting and ending north of Dallas in Prosper. Prosper, at least for now, is the beginning of the farm and rural country. We started at sunrise to avoid the afternoon heat and finished just after 12pm. The route was mapped out using Garmin maps to use every unpaved road but has the metroplex grows we found many of the roads were now paved. But there was still a significant amount of gravel road.
If this type of riding interests you and you'd like a riding partner, drop me PM.

http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/rkruz2/prosper-unpaved-circle/

Thanks for the route. I'm gonna ride it in the next weekend or so, so if anybody is interested joining hmu.

Awesome, looks like a fun ride. I will try to hit it soon.

How soon are you talking, I am looking for mid Dec.

I am heading back to Sea on Wed. and will be back in mid Dec. so I am out until then.

For some reason, garmin basecamp program will not work with my windows 10 program, so I stayed up last night and mapped out the route with a couple of added detours...
I will upload the GPX file later.

I missed this thread when it was originally created but I'd be up for a little fun to build up non-pavement skills on the DR.... Consider me subscribed. I'd rather follow with someone that has experience anyways (plus my garmin doesn't usually get put on the DR because I have a super old nuvi 205, lol).

I can' quite this weekend. Been away from the house for the past few weeks and have a stack of chores to clean up. Might be able to over the next couple weekends though. Trying to get everything done this weekend so I can keep my weekends clear afterwards

I did not, but I'm willing to go if you wanna ride.

I might head up that way Saturday but the schedule is up in the air so I might not make it. Will let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back