• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bonham southern run AUG 19

Reaction score
Well...this was the shortest ride yet.... 6 miles is all that we did. The previous 2 days of heavy rain made the roads slick as baby crap...and made for a miserable ride. The mud gathered on my tires and tore my front fender off. Which was bad enough...but the mud also stretched my brake lines causing my front wheel to lock up and throw me to the ground.....not once but about 4 times. I was personally done. I was exhausted. So we called the ride. 2 hours.....6 miles....this ride was not what we expected...we will try again in september.

IMG_0910.jpg

Tried something similar a couple of years ago. This is Harrison Road in Rockwall County. Had to stop every 100 feet to clear the mud. Battery died about 200 yards from pavement. Called a friend, races to Batteries Plus, races back and installed the new battery, and trudged out just before sunset. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know it was a good ride when half the bikes come back with broken parts bungeed to the racks!

Fri, got stuck attempting to cross a creek. I was able to turnaround and slip slid my way out. That was around mile marker 94.

Back