• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New rider in Angleton, TX

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick intro from a long time lurker, but I had nothing to contribute until now. Let's see.. I'm 36 years old, and I live in Angleton, as the title seems to imply. I took my MSF course a few months ago, and have been waiting for the right bike to come along ever since. Well, that bike came along last week, and on Friday I took possession of my dream bike. I love the styling of the classic Hondas, and the Nighthawk represents the pinnacle of motorcycle engineering, in my opinion. My Nighthawk is a 1983 with only 7141 miles. It was pampered, so I must thank the previous owner for taking good care of her until I bought her! I will someday get a black V-strom 650 (Man, I hope they bring back the black V-stroms next year!), but I will try to keep a classic Nighthawk in my stable forever. I look forward to making a few trips later this year, and I will definitely be asking the more experienced riders for route suggestions and tips on what are mandatory items to take on any road trips. My Anyway, without further ado, here is my new bike:

83nighthawk2.jpg

I look forward to spending more time here, now that I'm officially a Two Wheeled Texan!

Roberto

Last edited:
Congrats! Welcome to the addiction! Have you been to the Hamburger Wednesday thre in town at the end of each month? It's on the main drag through town, but I can't recall the name of the place. Google it and it will come up.

I haven't been to the Icehouse on Hamburger Wednesday, but I'll probably make it now that I'm on a bike. I thought it was on the first Wednesday of the month, but I'll research it as you recommended! I'm really more of a shy guy, not into large crowds, but I think I could have fun.. I'd probably rather go on a group camping trip, though. I love camping, and combining biking and camping.. They go well together! I would definitely make an effort to join any groups that are going bike camping, especially up in the Hill Country. That area is really some of the most beautiful in the world, and it's so close to home.

Roberto

Check the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum as there are several camping trips in the works right now.

Welcome, nice bike. Mine is an 83 Shadow VT750. Went bike camping last summer up at Bastrop, getting about time for another run there, hill country, or down coastline into Rockport area.Kinda busy with rodeo time right now and bike torn down for repaint, but will let ya know if anything is planned.

Lee

Glad you joined the site shadow1983rider. Your encouragement led me towards getting my own motorcycle license. :rider:

Back