• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

10th gen Burgman 650 or 1st gen BMW C650?

There is some debate on the 400 or the 650. The 400 gets better economy but doesn't get beyond the ton. Any one riding the ton on a full body scooter may be a little loopy any how but they both do freeway with ease.
Which ever manufacturer installs a factory stereo has my business. You can put in a marine grade stereo with wired remote, plenty of space for speakers in the body.

I test drove the new 650GT at FtW BMW. It had about 3K miles on it. I just wasn't impressed. It sounded like a tractor and the speed from a stop was just ok. Seat height was terrible on the BMW for a short person. The Burgman holds more, and 2012 can be had at a better price. The redesigned Burgman is about the same price as the BMW and I would choose that one but between the new and old Burger, it is kinda wash. The analog gauges look better on the new one though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5pHaTlSYIU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5pHaTlSYIU[/ame]

Ever since I totaled my Honda CB450 back around 1970 I've ridden BMWs, but I'm getting too old to comfortably handle a "real" bike, and I thought they were behind me. Hence the forum handle. But just as I was about to spring for a new Burgman 650, BMW comes out with a comparable maxi scoot, the C650, which should be in the US in a few months.

I test rode the BMW scooter and it was inferior to the quiet, smooth and torqueeeee feeling of the Burgman 650. The Burg was my first bike. I put around 30K on it before I sold it. I enjoyed the step-through scooter/bike immensely. The only downside was the small tires can be a bit jarring on rough roads. On the highway etc., it was extremely comfy, especially with a Clearview XL screen.

I would say the Suzuki is a bit better for total cost of ownership than the BMW.

RB

I had a blast riding my 650 Burgie Ex to Big Bend, did everything with ease. I have Cee Bailey windshield with vent, top box, 2 35 watt driving lights, 2 12v accessory plugs one in front compartment and one mounted by the seat wired "hot" to battery, FM radio with external speakers and digital voltmeter. Time to move on, thinking about trading it in for new CB1100.

No worries, on long trips I take will take a Super Tenere with Cee Bailey shield or F6B with Baggershield..................the CB will be for fun Hill country rides.

If you still want to consider a bike but feel you need scooter controls, check out the Honda DCTs. They have two types right now. Cruiser and Adventure.

I have pretty much same issue. I am at a point in my life where getting a "real" bike is not really an option. I recently got a '06 Burgman and have been having a blast riding it. Some minor issues have me looking at a possible upgrade.

Honda brought out two new semi-auto / full auto bikes in the last couple of years. They are getting rave reviews. CTX700N is the one I am more moving towards. It is the cruiser variant and gets on average 70mpg. Honda did some nice development and this 700cc banger looks like a real nice deal. You only really lose storage when compared to the Burgman and BMW. But, if you trick it out, you spend less than the Burgman 650 and the BMW. Something to look into.

Back