• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brought home a SW today

LDB

Reaction score
First Name
Leo
My dealer has one less leftover 2012 SW now. Rumor has it they do still have one more in case anyone is looking. I rode home on the regular roads and frontage road with one short blip on the freeway to go up and over a major intersection to the next exit. I got up to an indicated 65 so probably around 60. It rode very well. It was a total of about 60 miles to get home. My initial observations are:

Minimal vibration in the grips and floorboards with major emphasis on the minimal.

Bars/grips are a little close to the rider.

Seat is a little low to the floorboards.

Seat latch is very finicky and doesn't like to lock back in place without major slamming when full of stuff, a helmet and a jacket and gloves.

Why no 4 way flashers?

Why no horn? It's got a birthday party noise maker but not a nearly adequate horn.

Plenty of pep and zip, with major emphasis on the plenty.

They put on some grip covers similar to grip puppies. They really improve the grip. I wish it were larger still but it's majorly improved.

I need to research Airhawk vs Airhawk 2 and get one. That will hopefully make the ride more comfortable and solve the low seat issue at the same time.

I saw photos or youtube video of someone's SW with a nice trunk with lots of extra lights, emphasis on lots. I want to do something similar for the extra space and the light to get the attention of everyone following. Along with that a modulator for the brake lights.

My line of sight is about 2 inches above the top of the stock shield. I'd like to have a taller and wider screen to reduce the noise and buffeting.

That's all I've got so far.

SW? I must be slow this morning, I don't recognize the model reference.

But congrats on a new bike no matter what it is. :clap:

Hyperlights or Skene P3 lights are well worth the money for a flashing brake light. I'll verify the Airhawk cushion will do everything you want as long as you don't over-inflate it.

Sorry. It's a Honda Silverwing. It's 600cc. I'm going to try to get a decent picture today.

SW are nice, I just liked the Burman650 a bit better. Have fun, scooters are definitely under rated.

Hopefully this will work.

Attachments

• SWing.jpg
    SWing.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 406
For what you described in the other thread, this will definitely meet your needs. Have fun.

Back