• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

THE TWTex XR400 Thread.

Sweet, although I'm wondering if there's any difference between the two. They look identical. Maybe a different length or something.

I'm relatively sure they'll fit any bike with 7/8" handle bars.

Perhaps it's the stock steel bars on the xr400 that they wouldn't fit correctly because of the welded cross bar. I'm willing to bet of you have stock bars, you need to take them off and put them in ausuem somewhere. ;-)

Aside from that, bars are bars.

Funny you should mention that.....

I sold that bike several months ago to David. He's one of "the guys" for 6d helmets

Anyways, he'd always wanted an xr400. A nice one. Mine was the nicest, so he bought it.

I got an email from him the other day saying "don't kill me, but I'm selling the Xr".... Which is fine... It's his bike. Anyways, he said he's just not riding it much (at all) and has been taking his hybrid Kawasaki to Emma Long park.

Recently he was bitten by the trials bug. We know how those bug bites go, don't we?

Anyways, he wanting to part with one of his bikes to buy a new trials bike.

So, now you may find yourself wondering what I'm riding....

74 original hours. I got a SCREAMING deal

IMG_20151012_140028125_HDR_zpsleacnukm.jpg

Uggggh.. I hate even thinking about that BS tax. I honestly bought my XR400 for $800. I was the third owner. The two previous owners documented everything and I still had the registrations from both the first owner, who plated it, and the second owner showing how much it sold for each time from when it was new. Hag at the DMV plopped down an appraised value of $3200. I of course showed her the sales receipts and registrations from the two previous owners and she came back with "I'm sorry, but my computer says...." She informed me I could of course have it appraised by their certified appraiser but that would cost me the same as the taxes and I'd still have to pay to register it and pay whatever taxes the appraiser came back with. Scumbags.
I really dig that orange bike though. Nice find. :thumb:

Uggggh.. I hate even thinking about that BS tax. I honestly bought my XR400 for $800. I was the third owner. The two previous owners documented everything and I still had the registrations from both the first owner, who plated it, and the second owner showing how much it sold for each time from when it was new. Hag at the DMV plopped down an appraised value of $3200. I of course showed her the sales receipts and registrations from the two previous owners and she came back with "I'm sorry, but my computer says...." She informed me I could of course have it appraised by their certified appraiser but that would cost me the same as the taxes and I'd still have to pay to register it and pay whatever taxes the appraiser came back with. Scumbags.

They try to discourage people from doing it but all you really needed to do was get a 1 page form, take it to any motorcycle dealer(a shop with a dealers/resale license) and have them fill out a 4 line paragraph on whats wrong with it and what its valued at according to them. Easy, but them telling people that is effectively taking money from the state so they make it seem like its impossible or cost hundreds to do...

FYI, i just took my XR400 and got it tagged and registered for the first time ever in its life. I paid $100 for TT+L including transferring the title to my name.

Last edited:
Ha! Wait till you get tangled up with a bonded title! You can buy a 25 year old basket case for 5 bucks and you'll be taxed with a $4,000 "Presumptive Value". :argh: Appraisals are not accepted.
Big Government requires Big $$ to fund Big Government.

Last edited:
Ha! Wait till you get tangled up with a bonded title! You can buy a 25 year old basket case for 5 bucks and you'll be taxed with a $4,000 "Presumptive Value". :argh: Appraisals are not accepted.
Big Government requires Big $$ to fund Big Government.

Yep. 2/3 the value of the bond, which is 150% of the "value". That changed recently. They used to use the SPV. Not anymore.

Last edited:
I did the bonded title in my dealer name before transferring it to me personally and it costed me $125 for bond and title only....

Anybody have a stock exhaust collecting dust? Broke some bracket welds on the Yoshimura pipe at Roll the Bones, and I'm just tired of drawing so much unwanted attention :rider:

Back