• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans - NO LONGER ACTIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans

Nearest intersection maybe, or big intersection.

Which is exactly what I did.

We need to get those PNW folks, the Bandit owners around the country, and the international users to add some buttons to that map.

Frappr died some time ago... Can we get a Google map started up? You can pin yourself not necessarily RIGHT at your actual address for those who worry about such things.

Yeah, I tried the link and it didn't work either lol... No worries. Just a noobie from Burleson here.. :sun:

Does the link to find the geo no longer working?? When i click on the link it takes me a to a search bar from a site called "Frappr Com"?? When i enter a Zip code in the search bar it takes me to a "Wholesale Goat " Website?! Weird hunh... I'm presuming it's not working any longer .

Wow... I hadn't thought about this in years! I've not even thought about what might exist now to do this. Might be interesting though because we do have members from all over the world now.

so will you be updating the link so that those who are new to the forum can place their Geo local?

so will you be updating the link so that those who are new to the forum can place their Geo local?

There is no update. That site no longer exists. I'd have to find some other service that does something similar and I simply haven't done that. If you know of one, I would be happy to take a look at it.

With less than 1% of members financially supporting, I can understand why you aren't wild about monthly fees. C'mon, people!

With less than 1% of members financially supporting, I can understand why you aren't wild about monthly fees. C'mon, people!

wish there was a like button!

:ponder: Here's an idea, budget for 2 oil filters but buy only 1 and send the money for the second oil filter to the forum! easy peasy!

Good forums are hard to come by and this is a good one!

Last edited:

While I agree that everyone should contribute, a map of where members live(especially me) is not something I would participate in.

While I agree that everyone should contribute, a map of where members live(especially me) is not something I would participate in.

The latter part of your comment was a common sentiment when I first tried this. Some folks just put the town in for their location rather than their actual home.

Doesn't work for me, Windows 10, IE or Edge

It tells me the domain is for sale

Doesn't work for me, Windows 10, IE or Edge

It tells me the domain is for sale

LOL! This is an OLD thread that recently got revived. That link has been dead for a long time.

The latter part of your comment was a common sentiment when I first tried this. Some folks just put the town in for their location rather than their actual home.

For sure, I'd list the town only. (Like it already says in my avatar.)

Will something like this work?

Two Wheeled Texans Community Map

When you click on the link it may default to my location so just scroll out to see the whole country and you should see my pin remain in Arizona. You should see my user name next to my pin, and if you click on my pin you'll see a photo.

It's unlocked so anyone can add their own location/user name/photo. The downside to this is that anyone can also go in and mess it all up, so be careful that you don't edit other user's info or delete info or change settings.

DIRECTIONS
You can now pinpoint locations manually by clicking the marker icon and placing it directly onto the map, or search for locations using the search box at the top of the screen.

If you're adding locations manually, you can name the location and save to add it to the map. If you're searching and adding specific locations, a green marker will appear on the map and you can click the 'Add to map' link.

When I created my location I just used my city in the search bar and after I added it I edited the box to show my user name instead of the city name.

Last edited:

LOL! This is an OLD thread that recently got revived. That link has been dead for a long time.

...MAYBE THIS IS TELLING YOU SOMETHING T-STER... ENCORE ! !

At this point, it might be better to just start a new thread with the new link, make it a stick thread, and let this thread drop off the list (or be closed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back