• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

****ed by Mancuso Kawasaki South Houston

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Long story short:

My clutch was slipping just a little when I went wide open.

I had a track day coming up, so paid mancuso kawasaki to fix it.

They called and said it's not the clutch but the cable. OK fine fix it.

After a week and a half, I stoped by to check. Found the bike sitting outside in the rain. I asked the manager if it was finished and they said yes. But no one bothered to call me ***?

I picked it up and went home in the rain leter that day.

Brought it out to the nedxt track day and **** its still slipping.

Several people look at and all agree the clutch feels like ****. We adjust it every way possible and try lube nothing works.

I get it out on open road and sure enough, nothing has changed except I have a new cable, and am down $210 bucks (yes just for a cable).

So, I order new friction plates, steels, and springs. Cost $130 from Ron Ayers.

Change it all out, and clutch feels like new.

**** those guys, they don't know anything except how to rape people.

Have you spoke to them and gave them all the details? Maybe they will make things right. Dealerships do not like bad press. KP

I took it back to them when it was still slipping. They told me I needed to clean the lever area and good luck.

I can't imagin a way they can make it right except to refund me for the cable and associated labor.

And waiting a week+ for a cable, no way I was going to put it back in for the clutch.

I'd wrather people know they don't know what the heck they are doing.

But you are right, I should tell them how I fixed it and see what happens.

I will stop by on the way home...

I took it back to them when it was still slipping. They told me I needed to clean the lever area and good luck.

I can't imagin a way they can make it right except to refund me for the cable and associated labor.

And waiting a week+ for a cable, no way I was going to put it back in for the clutch.

I'd wrather people know they don't know what the heck they are doing.

But you are right, I should tell them how I fixed it and see what happens.

I will stop by on the way home...

Let them know your with a group of 17,000 riders and if they fix/refund the problem it will put them in a good light after their mistake.

They might have had a newbee work on your ride as opposed to a senior tech. If it was mine I think they owe you all of it back but at least the labor since they really did not fix anything. Or give your old cable back that is most likely in the city dump and call it even.

Replacing a part rather than diagnosing the problem points to a shade tree mechanic. KP

I get it out on open road and sure enough, nothing has changed except I have a new cable, and am down $210 bucks (yes just for a cable).

they definitely need to improve their quality control --- whomever took it off should have noticed the old cable was not too bad --- hence "look further on the followup test ride" --- I the rain and cold kept them off the bike. What a pain.

I have seen it -- basically not releasing the cable and allowing the clutch to fully engage - usually on bikes that have been weathered / mudded / aged --- I am quite sure the bike mentioned here is neither of those.

Took mine there for service, 1 time too many though.

I'm still finding loose or missing fasteners.

I brought it up with the manager, and they offered to do a once over the bike checking, sorry, but that should have been done when it was in their hands.

Another time after a scheduled service my idle actuator was left unplugged, unfortunately did not feel it until idle at a stop sign 15 miles away, when I brought it back they didnt realize what I was "whining" about. Supposedly my bike is supposed to idle all ***** up. :shock:

I gave them multiple chances too, money talks, and it also walks...

In a city this size with many options, they can't afford to be this lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, they can afford to be lazy, and have no problem doing it.

"No service for you, NEXT"

I got a rear tire replaced there. On the way home I kept hearing some wierd rattling. Get home and find both axle adjuster nuts backed off and loose. Good thing I was only a few blocks from the shop to the house. Never again.

Here is a true story. I got a buddy here in town who has a son who recently got out of High School. Good kid, but has zero mechanical skills. Never worked on a bike, car nothing. Does not own one tool. Guess who hired him for his first job as a bike mechanic? Sure, he will have help and someone will show him the ropes I'm sure, but there will not be someone shadowing him the entire day. The kid is good kid and we all had to get a first job somehwere, but I would not want my bike wrenched on by him myself.

I am fortunate to be able to do my own work. When I had to have warranty repair done on my Goldwing, first time they botched the repair so I struck a deal with the service manager the next time to get me the part, install it and they could still write it up like they done the work.

My GS on the other hand, I was not so lucky so the shop had to put their hands on for any warranty and every time, they screwed the repair up.

Now, nothing I ride is under warranty so I am more confident with the repairs. :rider:

Is it me but the power sports stores have employees that get that deer in the headlights look when you ask them a question? If you ask the same question at a bike shop you get answers?

Since this thread is old and has turned into a general dealership bashing thread, I thought I'd share an experience
Customer brings a KLR 650 to my shop, early '90s. Less than 600 miles, under warranty. Kawasaki says I can't fix it. Nearest dealership is 45 miles away. I trailer it over for the customer. Service manager writes on ticket: Funie nose in enj (he then crosses out enj and writes) moter. When I pointed out he misspelled funny, he changed it to funy. Kawasaki wouldn't let me do warranty work on the bike, but this guy was allowed!! They did repair the bike. It turned out to be something loose in the exhaust and they replaced the header.

well i am guility of lots of misspelled work orders at my shop .i cant spell or type worth a flip but i can make your car truck or bike purr like a kitten .but for some strange reason i can read great go figure LOL

Since this thread is old and has turned into a general dealership bashing thread, I thought I'd share an experience
Customer brings a KLR 650 to my shop, early '90s. Less than 600 miles, under warranty. Kawasaki says I can't fix it. Nearest dealership is 45 miles away. I trailer it over for the customer. Service manager writes on ticket: Funie nose in enj (he then crosses out enj and writes) moter. When I pointed out he misspelled funny, he changed it to funy. Kawasaki wouldn't let me do warranty work on the bike, but this guy was allowed!! They did repair the bike. It turned out to be something loose in the exhaust and they replaced the header.

A couple brilliant mechanics I know can't spell and struggle with basic written communication and reading skills. I can see an English teacher in school pointing out spelling mistakes, but sometimes depending on the person it can come off as condescending (had to spell check that word and I have a technical writing degree) in the real world. I know you said it was a service writer so he should have been more proficient, no doubt, and I am not trying to find fault in your story.

Anyway, after spending many many hours around really good mechanics I marvel at how they are wired, and I wish I had a lot of their knowledge, because it is all practical.

well i am guility of lots of misspelled work orders at my shop .i cant spell or type worth a flip but i can make your car truck or bike purr like a kitten .but for some strange reason i can read great go figure LOL

I pointed out that they did fix the bike. I have pointed out on several occasions that any good speller should be able to spell most English words at least two ways. As a literacy volunteer that teaches adults to read, I'm feeling a little embarrassed.:giveup:

The original poster was talking about the Mancuso Powersports in South Houston and then there is Mancuso Powersports South in La Marque. The few times I have dealt with Mancuso was with the one in La Marque. I was NOT happy.

Mancuso started out as a Harley Davidson dealer. They are buying up small shops here in Houston, who sell mostly Japanese bikes. They seem to exude that Harley attitude when you walk in the store. Perhaps they have a lot of mechanics that don't really care to work on anything but Harley's. In their Google reviews, it seem like satisfied customers are mostly the ones who buy, not the ones who need service.

If there were Kawasaki work to be done, I would deal with the Kawasaki dealer in La Marque (non-Mancuso affiliated). I do all my own work though, and since all my bikes are all out of warranty, they won't be seeing the dealer much.

Back