• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Must See TV - Racing Season Begins

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Friday night on BeIN sports @
9pm - 2018 WSBK Season Preview
9:50 - Phillip Island SBK Race 1

Sat night on BeIN Sports @
8pm - W Super Sport
9:55pm - SBK Race 2

Might be interesting to see if they can really slow the Kawasaki's down. New rule change has lowered the RPM limits.

Marco Melandri was fastest in opening day practice on a Ducati. And Kawasaki's J. Rea fastest today.

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/889864/1/rea-fastest-despite-early-crash-phillip-island-test

:rider:

All I have is internet, no cable or TV channels. Is there a way to watch online, perhaps like MotoGP does?

All I have is internet, no cable or TV channels. Is there a way to watch online, perhaps like MotoGP does?

I watch the next day on YouTube. The quality is not that great and sometimes not in English. There is lots of information on superbike planet web site I enjoy daily. I have gone to Moto GP every year at circuit of America. Rusty or me can show you and family how to have the best seats and time in the house, on grass hills for just general admission price. Bring your gear to test ride bikes in dealers area, that's fun. There is so much to do.
I think the electric bikes start racing this year, If not next. It is the most bang for your buck I have been to, if you love M/C's.

DVR is set. Glad I checked because the naming of the event changed so my old recording settings weren't going to catch it.

:tab So if you get the video pass for the season, does that also let you watch past races like you can do on the MotoGP site? I stopped watching WSBK back around 2011 and it would be nice to go back and watch the seasons I missed. I did that with MotoGP, going all the way back to 1998 or so, about the time Rossi was coming up the ranks. It was cool to binge watch all the races.

2011? It has been all Kawasakis since then. Sorry about the spoiler. Different riders though. Should change this year some with the RPM limits and other tweaks. This year I think we have American riders in the big class again, finally.

I think the last I watched, Biaggi won the championship on an Aprilia or had just retired. I can't recall for sure. The British dude, Tom something, was storming on the Kawasaki. Melandri was on BMW. Honda was a no show in the result most races. It has been a while.

So can you watch old races?

:tab So if you get the video pass for the season, does that also let you watch past races like you can do on the MotoGP site? I stopped watching WSBK back around 2011 and it would be nice to go back and watch the seasons I missed. I did that with MotoGP, going all the way back to 1998 or so, about the time Rossi was coming up the ranks. It was cool to binge watch all the races.

Dorna states:

A great collection of all the action from the past: enjoy every Race Review since 2006 as well as all Season Reviews from 1993 to 2016​

So, just "reviews" (which is says are 46 minutes in lenght) not actual races? I have the MotoGP videopass, but not WSBK, so I can't say for sure...

Dorna states:

A great collection of all the action from the past: enjoy every Race Review since 2006 as well as all Season Reviews from 1993 to 2016​

So, just "reviews" (which is says are 46 minutes in lenght) not actual races? I have the MotoGP videopass, but not WSBK, so I can't say for sure...

I prefer to see the full races. I can skip ahead if they are boring.

Just read today on Superbike Planet news Tech 3 is contracted with KTM starting 2019. Wow four KTM's on Moto GP race. KTM has deep pockets I guess.

March 17/18 Qatar MotoGP Race current schedule.

MotoGP qualifying Saturday 1pm.... replays 7:30pm

MotoGP Race Sunday 12:30pm

Moto 3, Moto 2 and MotoGP race replays 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 pm Sunday

on BeIN Sports

I shut off Satellite TV last year (nothing to watch once the street motorcycle racing season was over) and funny thing, I don't miss it. I REALLY thought I'd be going through withdrawals. I realized the reasons are simple and these are just my honest opinions from my last 2 decades of being a pretty hardcore roadracing fan.

Referring to this article, Misano WSBK had VERY LOW turnout...this is Italy folks, where Milandro and a host of other riders are from, pretty avid 2 wheel fans. http://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/1002797-cycle-news-issue-27-july-10 (about midway through the "magazine")

But I submit to you Dorna's VERY poor decisions overall but even worse for the recent specific rule changes that are obviously targeting ONE manufacturer, then throw in opposite scheduling races to MotoGP (why not piggyback? especially with the ONE race that WAS in USA last year...none this or next year).

I live one hour from COTA. Been there many times till I finally had it with their super restrictive WATER rules! (could only bring ONE unopened water bottle through the entrance gates). I don't mind supporting vendors...I will not when forced to do IT. But never a WSBK race (yes, they finally piggybacked an AMA SBK with MotoGP...once!). I could hold my nose and go back for WSBK...maybe...but what should be the BEST track in the USA is the most stupid when it comes to what people can bring in. I've been to ALL the major venues in North America for Pete's sake and NOBODY was this asinine as COTA. Not even close.

So I was more than satisfied to watch it at home, in the AC, with ample beverages...no parking hassles...etc...that was until Dorna kept making more idiotic "Don't let the Green Team win" rules...

So, now I read the articles, watch no crap TV and ride more. Win-win...win.

Why try to slow ANYONE down? :eek2:

Is it not racing??

Friday night on BeIN sports @
9pm - 2018 WSBK Season Preview
9:50 - Phillip Island SBK Race 1

Sat night on BeIN Sports @
8pm - W Super Sport
9:55pm - SBK Race 2

Might be interesting to see if they can really slow the Kawasaki's down. New rule change has lowered the RPM limits.

Marco Melandri was fastest in opening day practice on a Ducati. And Kawasaki's J. Rea fastest today.

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/889864/1/rea-fastest-despite-early-crash-phillip-island-test

:rider:

I live one hour from COTA. Been there many times till I finally had it with their super restrictive WATER rules! (could only bring ONE unopened water bottle through the entrance gates).

I've brought an empty camelbak or empty jug every time I've come. They have free, cold water spigots all over the place (well, at least a few places). That and a couple powerbar-type snacks means I buy just one over-priced lunch and over-priced beer per day. I can live with that.

I've brought an empty camelbak or empty jug every time I've come. They have free, cold water spigots all over the place (well, at least a few places). That and a couple powerbar-type snacks means I buy just one over-priced lunch and over-priced beer per day. I can live with that.

I bought a friend two bottles of beer, think it was $10 each. They said they had to open both of them before I could put my hands on them. Rules rules and more rules.

Back