• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Suspension Mods for Touring?

Since you like to corner, raise the rear 1 to 1-1/4". Makes the bike feel like its 100#'s lighter. No stability issues at all - the Bandit has very conservative steering geometry.
Just having the Cogent on the bike raises the rear some,just like the people at Cogent said it would.
If I raised it 1" or 1 and 1/4 I would be looking at re-doing the centerstand and kickstand.

Does anyone know the reason why Cogent springs from holeshot are 1.1 kg/mm irrespective of different rider weights?
They have 2 springs,I think if your over 220 or so you get the heavier spring. With easily adjustable pre load it seems to work fine on mine.

Just having the Cogent on the bike raises the rear some,just like the people at Cogent said it would.

If I raised it 1" or 1 and 1/4 I would be looking at re-doing the centerstand and kickstand.

I have the Cogent shock and Holeshot links that I run in the lowered position. With them in the high position it's crazy tall. I'd like some stock links to bring the back end up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the issue is..........? My side stand has ~1" block of black delrin screwed to it. Doesn't look too cool, but that's not why I ride. Just put a 1/2" thick piece of wood under the centerstand, problem solved. Don't overthink things.

And the issue is..........? My side stand has ~1" block of black delrin screwed to it. Doesn't look too cool, but that's not why I ride. Just put a 1/2" thick piece of wood under the centerstand, problem solved. Don't overthink things.
It steers and works great as is. The only problem now Is I need a Cogent shock on my DR650. Ive got the DR oem shock gold valved and resprung but I can tell by riding the Bandit that the Cogent is a way better shock.

Last night I started to put my forks back together with the new RaceTech springs. After reading the instructions several times, and even the Racetech suspension bible book a few times, I couldn't figure out the length of the spacers. I ended up going to the hardware store and buying a $.30 piece of PVC approximately the same size as the aluminum tube for the spacers. That way I could cut it what I thought was too long, and not ruin anything. To achieve 20mm of preload I ended up with a 4 3/4" spacer.

Last night I started to put my forks back together with the new RaceTech springs. After reading the instructions several times, and even the Racetech suspension bible book a few times, I couldn't figure out the length of the spacers. I ended up going to the hardware store and buying a $.30 piece of PVC approximately the same size as the aluminum tube for the spacers. That way I could cut it what I thought was too long, and not ruin anything. To achieve 20mm of preload I ended up with a 4 3/4" spacer.

When I get home this weekend I'll check the Bandit log and see what length I used.

Went back and did some reading, Metrick Metal ended up with a 5" spacer on his install. After final assembly yesterday I re-measured my preload and its as expected at 20mm with the 4 3/4" spacer.

Back