• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend after Christmas

Only 29 days until I`m on the porch...:rider:

And 30 days till breakfast at the Chili Pepper...:eat:

Last edited:
I'll be out there with a few folks camping on our land in Terlingua for the new year. I'll keep an eye on this thread!

Welcome to the neighborhood! I am living in the Solitario portion of Terlingua Ranch, north the the ghost town. Where roughly is your place?

I'll be there but leaning more towards waiting for the tourons to thin out this go-round so maybe 12/31 till ???

Probably look at bring the Jeep and DR this trip.

Rachel and I are looking at arriving the evening of the 29th, and possibly staying until the 5th. I know there will still be more tourists there the first few days for New Years, but it shouldn't be too bad (I hope).

Serious thinking of heading out on the 26th or 27th. Homeward bound on the 1st. However my wife still hasn't solidified her plans to run to Phoenix so I'm still waiting on how that will affect my vacation.

My thought is to spend either the night of the 29th or 30th at Big Bend Ranch State Park. I was there a few weeks ago, and need another run at it! Anyone else staying at the bunkhouse?

Yes, I am interested in doing two days at the state park. Those dates would work for me

Lets plan as last year, Breakfast at the Chili Pepper about 8ish and plan the day. It worked good last year, and they have the best Bfast around..:eat:

For you that don`t know its in Study Butte next to the post office and bank..

Last edited:
Lets plan as last year, Breakfast at the Chili Pepper about 8ish and plan the day. It worked good last year, and they have the best Bfast around..:eat:

For you that don`t know its in Study Butte next to the post office and bank..

?

We're going out 12/29 and returning 12/31. While we're staying in Ft Davis, we plan to ride out to Terlingua during the day Saturday. Maybe we'll see you on the front porch.

Also, just heard Dr. Doug died back in the summer, I thought he'd last forever.

We're going out 12/29 and returning 12/31. While we're staying in Ft Davis, we plan to ride out to Terlingua during the day Saturday. Maybe we'll see you on the front porch.

Also, just heard Dr. Doug died back in the summer, I thought he'd last forever.

Doug was only 63, desert life can take its toll on a body. Gonna miss our philosophical conversations on the porch. Plan on taking him a Lone Star this visit.

He wanted (and we gave him) a celebration on the day of his funeral. In typical Dr. Doug fashion he was literally late to his own funeral. His ashes arrived in Terlingua about four hours after the service. So the urn went to the porch and horseshoe pits for the remainder of the party.

Only in Terlingua!

Doug was only 63, desert life can take its toll on a body. Gonna miss our philosophical conversations on the porch. Plan on taking him a Lone Star this visit.

I didn’t know this gentleman, but 63 is too young to die. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being 63 myself, I couldn't agree more...

As my friend Dail says “birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live!” He’s 84. And still riding. He’s a good role model.

Last edited:
Yeah ? I was just talking to him back in March and it just won't be the same without him.

Only 15 day`s to go..
And a reminder we usually meet up in the morning`s 8:30 ish at the Chili Pepper to plan the day..

This song kinda fits.. for all of us..
Its Jimmy Buffet "Growing older but not up""

Last edited:
There are hot springs in the National Park. A smart traveler would bring a swimsuit so they could enjoy the springs. Just sayin.

I will only have time off for few days to play, Saturday 23- leaving Dec. 27th. Big Bend Yea

Not certain if I will have a chance to go to "The Bend" but If I get out there will try to look you folks up at the Chili Pepper in the AM 8-8:30....;-)

Back