• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend after Christmas

Plans are changing. I should be there on Dec 27th. Planning on getting an early start. We'll see if I actually do get out early. See y'all on the front porch. Still departing on the 4th

I think I'm going to try to make it from the 26th to maybe the 1st.

What fuel range will be needed for typical routes?

I was told I would be just fine with my 3.1 gallon capacity, so if you can get 180 miles out of a tank.

The full route for Uncle's is just under 200 miles and I stop at the halfway point and get gas.. And I'm on a 500. Just have to be mindful and top off.

I think I'm going to try to make it from the 26th to maybe the 1st.

What fuel range will be needed for typical routes?

I have a 4.7 gallon tank on my little WR250R. Bring a hose.

Before the big tank, I ran the stock tank out there and its 2.3 (I think). I had a back-up rotopax, but never needed it.

Well, I have to work a couple of days that week :doh: . I'm out . Have fun boys

Let's hope for some rain in Mexico over the next week or so. The river is slowly dropping and nearing the minimum level to run a raft. It's going to be close on getting our private rafting trip done.

Woodbutcher and I might try to make NYE there on our way back from Bosque Del Apache.

Let's hope for some rain in Mexico over the next week or so. The river is slowly dropping and nearing the minimum level to run a raft. It's going to be close on getting our private rafting trip done.

Linda is going to be bummed if the river is too low.

See you in a few days!

Linda is going to be bummed if the river is too low.

See you in a few days!

Beth too. I have promised her she will get a run on the river, but not necessarily that it will happen this year. This is the big part of what she was looking forward to for this year though.

Wish I was free to join everyone this coming week. I can't make it out there until the week of January 8th.

Anyone want to head out there with me the week of January 8th for some riding and camping?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It looks like I will be able to make it after all. I'll make a run to The Mexican side of Santa Elena Friday. From Presidio, its sixty miles of pavement to Benavides, then 30 miles of mostly class 1 and 2 dirt with a little class 3 to keep everyone on their toes. Iceman and I are going for sure, anyone else wants to go, let me know.

It looks like I will be able to make it after all. I'll make a run to The Mexican side of Santa Elena Friday. From Presidio, its sixty miles of pavement to Benavides, then 30 miles of mostly class 1 and 2 dirt with a little class 3 to keep everyone on their toes. Iceman and I are going for sure, anyone else wants to go, let me know.

Hey John, I'll be there the 30th and staying a couple weeks. Maybe we'll get to sip some tequila by the fire and swap lies this trip.

Hey John, I'll be there the 30th and staying a couple weeks. Maybe we'll get to sip some tequila by the fire and swap lies this trip.

Doggoneit, I'll have to head back on the 30th Tom. :headbang:

Yeah, just that little bit of riverbed. Will you be in BB? Wanna go back?

Found a nail in the Tenere tire tonight. I guess I'm going to wind up with a plug in it. I hate to dismount it and try to patch it now. The DRZ has new shoes. A D606 that had been sitting around here a while and was cool went on with the help of a Baja No Pinch with one small ouch and no cussin'. I'm a believer and think that for groups one would be nice to have one on hand. Certainly not something everyone would need to carry, but nice to have in a pinch.......

Merry Christmas to all!

76daa8f83624280d33b3ab7ce0c90a9d.jpg

Ready for Deliveries

OK! The family is packing up and I've got the day to myself tomorrow. I'll heading to Chili Pepper, but likely won't be there until 9am. I'll need to be back in Alpine around dark - so maybe just a ride down river road, black gap, glenn springs, then back out via Study Butte.

Anyone around & wanna join me?

Back