• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from SATX

pazzo

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Stumbled upon this site last week and discovered a wealth of information. Great site!

Been riding all my life, currently riding a Ducati MTS 1200 and looking to add another to the stable soon.

2013mts_zps9e0b8c35.jpg

Aloha from a couple hours up the road. Where is your favorite place to eat in SA? If you enjoy ridding to eat come join us on one of the multiple RTEs. Do you know what other bike you are getting? KP

Thanks for all the hospitality! Hmmm...favorite places to eat. There is the Dodging Duck in Boerne, Ol Spanish Trail in Bandera and live right across I-10 from the original Rudy's. :)
Papa Nachos on I-10 and Boerne Stage Rd has some excellent fajitas too!

I think the new bike will mostly likely be a F700GS, for some light off-road adventure.
I had @ 2012 1200GS which I did a solo trip to the Grand Canyon on and RawHyde's California Adventure, and while VERY capable wonderful off-road bike it was a little large for my liking. I got the MTS for the sport touring ability but want to improve in the dirt with the smaller GS.

I love to come out and meet some people for good food! Thanks!

Thanks for all the hospitality! Hmmm...favorite places to eat. There is the Dogging Duck in Boerne, Ol Spanish Trail in Bandera and live right across I-10 from the original Rudy's. :)

I think the new bike will mostly likely be a F700GS, for some light off-road adventure.
I had @ 2012 1200GS which I did a solo trip to the Grand Canyon on and RawHyde's California Adventure, and while VERY capable wonderful off-road bike it was a little large for my liking. I got the MTS for the sport touring ability but want to improve in the dirt with the smaller GS.

I have a BMW twin the older model of the F700. Just rode all over the place the last three days. Camped out two night in a row once in Meridian then in Llano.

Keep an eye out on the upcoming ride section for all the exciting meet and greets. There is a pie run to Medina and a camp out at the end of the month. You just missed the almost rained out M@G in Dublin.

Do you motorcycle camp? We try to have two or so a month. It is a good way to meet all the folks that ride to eat. Please come and join in on the festivities. KP

Hello!

Sent from my handheld universal data mining enabler

Thanks cheez, I like it! :rider: Thanks everyone, I'll look our for the RTEs.

Welcome from a very close too SA twtex.

ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow awesome. I'm in San Antonio also. Not sure I cold keep up with everyone I'd be on an 01 Super Sherpa I'm getting sorted out right now. Looking to part with my Honda VFR! Maybe we'll see each other around!

Thanks DRZBri!

Welcome Proforguns. My kinda guy no doubt and near to me in Helotes. I'm just up Scenic Loop from there.

Timbercat, are you referring to the Lano Campout? http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93625
I'll be on my way to Cali to visit my son that weekend, so I'll have to catch up next time.

Surg7498, I'll be looking for the Sherpa. Why you ditching the VFR? I've had a couple, nice bikes!

Thanks for all the hospitality! Hmmm...favorite places to eat. There is the Dodging Duck in Boerne, Ol Spanish Trail in Bandera and live right across I-10 from the original Rudy's. :)

Lone Star BMW in Austin had a new one on their sales floor when I was there the other day.

Lone Star BMW in Austin had a new one on their sales floor when I was there the other day.

lol...yeah stoke the flames.

I test rode one yesterday @ Alamo in SATX.
I'm sold. I got it off in the dirt and loved it. I'm waiting for my home to sell (we're building a new one - 3 car garage! ;) ) should have an offer pretty soon.

At least I'm not bike less. :mrgreen:

lol...yeah stoke the flames.

I test rode one yesterday @ Alamo in SATX.
I'm sold. I got it off in the dirt and loved it. I'm waiting for my home to sell (we're building a new one - 3 car garage! ;) ) should have an offer pretty soon.

At least I'm not bike less. :mrgreen:

I like mine because it get good fuel economy and has a low seat height. I can flat foot it easy. Does handle dirt fairly well but is great on the street. Need to do some more dirt roads on her soon. I have the old 650GS twin.

Surg7498, I'll be looking for the Sherpa. Why you ditching the VFR? I've had a couple, nice bikes!

For me it's mainly a financial thing right now combined with I know I don't need the ability to go 120+ mph. Cuz I might just have to more often. The bike is pretty darn amazing but I think I need to see what all this 250 minimalist kinda stuff is about. I've had a 97 f650 and an 06 Dakar f650 loved em so I'll see if the sherpa is close. It's much cheaper can surprisingly still move me 70+ mph at ~220 lbs without gear and get 65+ mpg so thus far I'm pretty impressed. Only had it a couple weeks and am still sorting out some little issues. It's pretty easy to work on so far and parts are pretty darn cheap, just what I need about now!

Back