• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Got some new dirt kicks.

poser

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
bohac
My Gaerne g-reacts came on today. First new pair of dirt boots I've every bought. They are replacing my Alpinestars tech8 boots that served me well for several years.
So far they're really nice, fit well,and are pretty easy to walk in.
At first I thought they were way too big, then I realized they fit, I'm just use to my others that are too tight :lol2:
Hopefully I'll get to try them out on the bike soon and I'll be able to post up a real report.

4ca4700d-9f1e-aad8.jpg

3M scotch guard :mrgreen:

I think they may be too big, there seems to be a lot of room around my foot. so much that the strap for the bottom buckle is almost all the way in. I'm going to order a pair of 12s and see how they fit and return the pair I don't want.

they seem to run small to me. cycle shack north in conroe stocked them when i bought mine a couple of month ago. i used them to check size. i normally wear an 11.5 to 12 and had to go with a 13 or my toes touched the end of boot. i will agree the do not require any break in. i wore mine for the first time at the mx class we took. i wear thick socks and i have a heal insert i use in all my shoes.

I need a boot that is wide across the base of the toes. I have tried several different Alpinestars and they are just to skinny side to side. By the time I get a pair wide enough, they are so long I look like Bozo The Clown... :doh:

Cycle shack north in Conroe has a decent selection of brands and sizes you can try on to get an ideal of what you like and size. I tried to order a pair from them but after a week was told they were on back order. canceled and ordered online and had them in 3 days

Conroe is pretty far for me, otherwise I might swing up there.

Conroe is pretty far for me, otherwise I might swing up there.

Not to close to me either. i went up there just to try on boots. I wanted to make sure i liked what i was getting before i invested the money in them, did you check wild west honda and see what they may have. they had a decent selection of gear the last time i was there
Sofar i have been happy with the g-react. The pivot starts creaking after a day in the mud and dirt. i cleaned them up and sprayed a small amount of the teflon spray on the pivot they are ready to go for the next ride. Also check the Latch/buckle screws i have read they loosen up. No issue so far but i checked them when i got them and then after a couple of rides so far so good.

Not to close to me either. i went up there just to try on boots. I wanted to make sure i liked what i was getting before i invested the money in them, did you check wild west honda and see what they may have. they had a decent selection of gear the last time i was there
Sofar i have been happy with the g-react. The pivot starts creaking after a day in the mud and dirt. i cleaned them up and sprayed a small amount of the teflon spray on the pivot they are ready to go for the next ride. Also check the Latch/buckle screws i have read they loosen up. No issue so far but i checked them when i got them and then after a couple of rides so far so good.

How do they look in terms of protecting the ankles from side to side rotation/crushing?

I think they may be too big, there seems to be a lot of room around my foot. so much that the strap for the bottom buckle is almost all the way in. I'm going to order a pair of 12s and see how they fit and return the pair I don't want.

Put in a sole insert to take up some of the space on top of your foot.

How do they look in terms of protecting the ankles from side to side rotation/crushing?
i dont notice any side to side movement. they have a pivot system that allow some flex in the ankle for shifting and walking. as far as i can tell they offer good protection from crushing. i had a pro racer tell me the boots are one of the favorites with them

Put in a sole insert to take up some of the space on top of your foot.

Well there's a lot of room all the way around (on the sides too).
The box says Euro size 48, and most of the time I'm a 46 or 47 Euro.

Back