• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Teiz Power Shell Suit Review

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
I ordered a Teiz Motorsports’ Power Shell suit a few months back to replace the Aerostich Roadcrafter that I sold a year ago. Teiz is a small business, production is actually done in Pakistan, and their most popular suits seem to be price-driven. My in person visits with the company's owner convinced me to order.

Once my suit arrived, I went over every detail of the suit, looking for manufacturing flaws and price-driven quality compromises. That search came up empty. I have no concerns that this suit will last. Most importantly, I ordered a custom size in all black with the logos removed. I love how it fits and it looks way better than the standard colors.

You can read all about the standard features over at the Teiz website.

On the bike, the differences between the PS and my old Aerostich Roadcrafter are clear. The PS ventilates far better than the Roadcrafter or even my perforated leather jacket and Olympia Air Glide pants. Thanks to the stretch materials and flex panels, I never feel restricted like I did in my Roadcrafter. The armor seems to disappear in the suit. I’m sure a properly-sized RC would perform great, but the stretch panels really matter in sport riding. On those two measures alone, I’d say the PS is hands down the superior suit, but there’s more to it.

Little irritations grew as time passed. The arm straps on the PS don’t offer enough male Velcro, so I can’t get the lower straps snug enough on either arm and the elbow armor floats more than I'd like. Similarly, the knee armor also moves around more than I'd like. I’ve adjusted its placement several times as well as the leg straps but the legs always ride up enough that the top of the armor is halfway up my thigh. After a few stops, I need to adjust each leg. My RC had the same problem, but the knee armor was so much larger that it still felt good enough. Furthermore, the SuperFabric panels on the knees rotate a bit to the inside after a few miles, leaving me to wonder if that will really help in an accident. The leg vents, on the upper thighs, are useless. That doesn’t surprise me, since I never felt much air from the upper mesh panels on my Olympia Air Glides, but it does create a problem. To make room for the vents, the thigh pockets are more like waist pockets. Anything too large and solid in those pockets, such as my cell phone and wallet, is uncomfortable with any kind of leaning. Those pockets represent a majority of the storage on the suit and I can't put much in them. That’s a big letdown. So where does that leave me?

Ultimately, I'm glad I chose the Teiz instead of another Aerostich. Teiz spent a lot of time working with me and they earned my business. I just hope I can figure out a solution to the arm adjustment woes. With that solved, I’d be a Teiz evangelist.

7866977486_5b0fc78d0a_b.jpg

7866976458_5e6265d6aa_b.jpg

Their prices used to be a lot lower than they are now but they have been adding and removing features as requested by the customers.

I bought one of their mesh one piece and textile one piece suits back when they were around 250ish a pop or less if you bought a blem. Great suits. Someone in the TWTEX community still has my Mesh suit.

My suit cost about the same as a customized Aerostich Roadcrafter would. It's a bit of a risk, as Teiz does not have the same long term track record, but my concerns went away once I had a chance to see the products in person.

On the entry-level, ~$400 for their entry level suits is comparable to a few other suits, like the Olympia Phantom, but I feel that the build quality on the Teiz offerings is superior.

I'm looking at their closeouts and seriously tempted by this suit. How well does it seal up for use in the winter? I'm searching for a used roadcrafter for my winter suit but if this will do the trick too, I wouldn't be able to pass it up for that price perhaps.

Wow... it doesn't make your butt look big!! :thumb:

Seriously though, it is a very good looking suit. How do you like the neck/wrist closure points on it?

I have a custom size/built Cycleport Air Mesh two piece that I really like. I use it for street and dirt. It has great armor. However, for the elbows the point of the elbow is well protected, but not the funny bone. If your arm hits flat, only the material of the suit itself will protect, no padding/armor. The same is true with the knees. There is some wrap around to the sides, but nowhere as much as I would like. When the bike comes down on a leg, the inside and outside of the knee is very vulnerable.

I'm looking at their closeouts and seriously tempted by this suit. How well does it seal up for use in the winter? I'm searching for a used roadcrafter for my winter suit but if this will do the trick too, I wouldn't be able to pass it up for that price perhaps.
I have only had it since June, so I can only speculate. The main zipper has a double flap to block wind. The optional Exkin Air liner (wasn't optional when I got mine) is very warm. I'm. It worried about it being better, with that liner, than my old RC.

Wow... it doesn't make your butt look big!! :thumb:

Seriously though, it is a very good looking suit. How do you like the neck/wrist closure points on it?

I have a custom size/built Cycleport Air Mesh two piece that I really like. I use it for street and dirt. It has great armor. However, for the elbows the point of the elbow is well protected, but not the funny bone. If your arm hits flat, only the material of the suit itself will protect, no padding/armor. The same is true with the knees. There is some wrap around to the sides, but nowhere as much as I would like. When the bike comes down on a leg, the inside and outside of the knee is very vulnerable.
Thanks! I'm happy with the closures. They're soft and comfortable enough. Both use Velcro - the newer, smaller style. Because of the "gadget pocket" on the left arm, wearing my gauntlets over the top is a bit tricky, but no big deal.

I worry a bit about the armor coverage on my knees because of how it seems to shift out of place on longer rides, but a quick adjustment at a stop takes care of it. It might be better if I tucked the legs into my boots, too. I may try that at some point.

Better than a roadcrafter? One piece or two piece?? Hrm, I've got a line on a good condition used one for a bit more than the Power Shell.....

Back