• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for Air Type Cushion for Seat

Reaction score
Over the years I've tried several types of seat pads - gel, air, none, etc.

My back is now starting to rebel again so I need to find a new type of seat cushion. The air pad I had in the past was great but not very sturdy and the second time it broke the company had gone out of business.

Does anyone have any suggestions where to get a heavy duty air seat cushion (please, no "donut" jokes here - my back and I are already fighting enough)?

If you've never had low back pain or injuries, it might be hard to truly apprecaite a good seat pad. The gel one I got from Walley-World a year or two ago is pretty worn out. I tried my last trip without a pad and I paid for it dearly in terms of pain (think riding with a sharp rock the size of a king-size marble sicking in your sciatic nerve area of your righ butt cheek for 4,500 miles).

A custom seat is totally out of the question.

Bruce

You might get some extra relief by having your thighs support some of your back's weight also. I bookmarked this site but have not bought one yet so can't comment on how well it works. Collapsable seat cover that you insert 2 liter bottles into to expand the width of your seat.

http://cycle-analyst.com/sweetcheeks.htm

_

Airhawk has a 60 day buy back guarantee... I haven't found anyone else that does.. it is a adjustable and I can speak from experience they are amazing.. I rode one from Texas to SD, WY, NE, MT, and back home.. it was WONDERFUL...

I have an Airhawk. There are two types and I have the original neoprene type. Once properly inflated, and you will have to play with the inflation, it is very comfortable. I tried foam and gel pads prior to the Airhawk but this a whole nother galaxy in comfort. The company also makes products to prevent pressure sores for bed and wheelchair bound people so they know a thing or two about the engineering of a useful and effective air pad.

I have both Airhawk and Sheepskin butt pad. Both work great though I use the Sheepskin most often. Its great. Don't leave home without it.

I've read comments on various forums about the Airhawk vs the Eagle Air. For me, making the decision to buy one, it boiled down to the question: Does the Airhawk provide 3 times the comfort and Eagle Air? Doubtful, considering they use the same technology. But it's nice to have choices. I and my backside are both happy I have Eagle Air and spent about $60 rather than $180.

I have the original Airhawk and really like it. A friend would like one and is looking for one at a good price. I have found the Airhawk2 available for about $75 shipped. Does anyone know what is different about the original verses the Airhawk2?

Airhawk II is vinyl and not neoprene. It isn't as durable according to reviews.

I've read comments on various forums about the Airhawk vs the Eagle Air. For me, making the decision to buy one, it boiled down to the question: Does the Airhawk provide 3 times the comfort and Eagle Air? Doubtful, considering they use the same technology. But it's nice to have choices. I and my backside are both happy I have Eagle Air and spent about $60 rather than $180.

How much thickness does it add to the seat? I have gotten a super comfortable position on my bike finally, but still need more cushion in my seat. I tried the Crazy Creek air pad and felt like it raised me up off the seat too much. With the low COG on my cruiser that is a no go.

How much thickness does it add to the seat? I have gotten a super comfortable position on my bike finally, but still need more cushion in my seat. I tried the Crazy Creek air pad and felt like it raised me up off the seat too much. With the low COG on my cruiser that is a no go.

To function properly, the Air Hawk has very little air in it. Basically, you put some air in it and set on the AH and slowly let the air out until rider has a cushion of air of 1/4-1/2". I raises the rider about that amount.

The Eagle Air cushion adds about half an inch. Less, depending on how much air you put in it.

I've used the Air Vent seat cushions for several years now. Half the price of the air hawk too. I've put 75K on my stock GS seat with one and still see no need to upgrade the seat.

I've used the Air Vent seat cushions for several years now. Half the price of the air hawk too. I've put 75K on my stock GS seat with one and still see no need to upgrade the seat.

I was looking to buy one of those and the company had been so swamped with orders that they shut down! Looks like they are back in business! :rider:

I've ridden through 27 states with the AirHawk so far - wouldn't tour without it. :rider:

Back