• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motomonster.com

Reaction score
I want to forward my experience to those in the motorcycle community. Motomonster has provided the worst experience that I have had and it only keeps getting worse.

For starters:

I was looking for an adventure style helmet to replace my 5 year old fullface helmet. I scour many online reviews and with budget in mind I find a Speed & Strength helmet on Motomonster.com. I proceed with the purchase of the helmet and tinted windshield. Product arrives in a few days. Here is where the problems start. The helmet is way too small, sizing is wrong and the helmet to face shield seal comes right off. I realize i need to return this 2 minutes after opening the package. I read on the website on how to process a return with motomonster.com...send them an email so that they can give you a return code. I never get a return email...I send another email and again no response. I call and the guy says that I have to wait to be contacted. I go ahead and write a review on google and immediately get a callback from the same guy giving me a return code. He also asked for me to remove the review. Well I end up paying to send the product back and i get confirmation that it arrived on saturday the 3rd pf September. I sent a few emails and called back a few times since then and have not had any return contact or my money refunded.

Cycle gear has helmets on the shelf you can try on to get that perfect fit. Don't remember seeing S@S helmets there. Several on here also for sale that are gently used. I am cheap so my budget affords used ones mainly off Craigslist.

I went ahead and bought a new Shoei from New Braunfels Honda. First time I spend big money on a helmet and I am very happy.

Usually measurements on the mfg website are very accurate. Did they just send a size different from what you ordered?

If no response from them I would submit a claim with your credit card company.

Usually measurements on the mfg website are very accurate. Did they just send a size different from what you ordered?

If no response from them I would submit a claim with your credit card company.

The sizing was way off. I took it up with my CC company and it is currently in dispute.

I've bought two helmets through Lubbock's Motorcyclegear.com. They're a family owned store. They personally test all the gear they sell, and give copious notes on their website about their experiences. If their descriptions don't give you enough info to make your choice, call them and you'll find them to be amazingly helpful over the phone. They talked me through the purchase of my current Nolan, and it's a perfect fit. And if not, they have a generous return policy, and they back it up. Hey, they're real Texans.

I usually well try a test fit of a model if I can find it in a brick and mortar store. Likewise, if I find it, then I let them know what I am paying online and most places have usually been pretty quick to price match (not all though). I don't mind paying taxes and stuff and supporting local suppliers but I also will weigh the factors as to how fast I want the item (or need it) and if there is any extra shipping involved if it is online.

I'm a fan of Revzilla. Unfortuantely I've had too much experience with them and returning products, but it's always been hassle free and easy with good customer service.

1. Revit pants - size was right but didn't fit like that size in other gear. Returned for refund as it was a closeout item and they didn't have the next size I needed.
2. Dainese Gloves - Turned out they were on back order and wouldn't arrive in time for my trip. Picked up same gloves through Cycle Gear locally, and returned the ordered gloves once they'd arrived. I tried to cancel too late on the order so had to wait for them to come in first.
3. Sidi boots - Sidi changed their manufacturing and the same size as my old Sidi boots didn't fit me. I spoke to customer service who gave me some suggestions. I ended up trying on a myriad of boots at MotoLiberty and buying them there.

No issues and no questions asked on each of those returns. Returns processed quickly and hassle free.

That said, I just ordered up a new Arai helmet that came in last week. Fortunately I've been drooling over this helmet for a few years and try it on every year at the motorcycle show's Arai display so I knew exactly what I needed. It came in and I'm quite pleased. Waiting right this second on the post carrier to drop off my tinted shield. I received $20 zilla bucks for the helmet so the order of the shield was almost half off when I applied that.

I recommend lidpicker.com. for 20 bucks you get a measuring kit and a list of helmets and fitment.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Another big thumbs up for Revzilla. They are dah bess. One time, they even let me break a no-cancel agreement on a drop shipment and refunded my money immediately.

Oh, I learned my lesson real quick. I bought me the Shoei locally. I normally deal with motorcyclegear.com and I've been pleased with them.

Back