• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need jacket and pants

BkT

Reaction score
I have a decent jacket for the summer but looking for some type of over pant to go with it. Also for the cooler part of the year I'm looking for a jacket and pants... Suggestions?

Mesh jacket (with protection of course) with 'waterproof' liner w/ a good fleece pull over work for me 80%-90% of they year in DFW. Anything colder, prolly should look into heated gear anyway.

For pants I am still in jeans, so can't help you there...

I've had great luck with my tourmaster over pants and jacket. Ridden into the low 30's, no issues. I have a mesh Icon for summer, havent had the tourmaster during summer to comment on its cooling.

Mesh jacket (with protection of course) with 'waterproof' liner w/ a good fleece pull over work for me 80%-90% of they year in DFW. Anything colder, prolly should look into heated gear anyway.

For pants I am still in jeans, so can't help you there...

When it got cold for a day or so I wore insulated bibs (camo) but it worked. I just want something more... I do like my cold weather jacket but its a little on the snug side now and seems to ride up on me

Another option is a one piece. Not sure if you've given them a thought or not.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm wearing Hein Gericke overpants & a modest priced Tourmaster winter jacket. With the liners zipped into both and a pair of long undies under my jeans, I've been comfortable this year, riding on upper-30s mornings. Now, if I could just keep my fingers warm......

Olympia Airglide pants. Some of the best bang for the buck for quality, fit, temperature range, and usefulness. All Cordura construction instead of the poly-blend fabrics that you find in many of its competitors, adjustable CE knee protection, completely no-fuss side zippers that go all the way to the hip for boot-on entry/exit. They are an excellent, do-just-about-everything solution for most riders, riding types, and riding needs.

+1 to the Olympia suggestion.
I've put near 60k mi on my Ultra Tours and they've been great. They'll probably get replaced with another pair of Olympias.

I have a TourMaster Intake jacket that I've enjoyed. 40k in and still looks good.
Comes with a nice rain and insulated liner. Works for me down into the low 40s.
Heated grips help a lot in that regard and are pretty cheap too.

Back