• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lowside today

Not to mention plugging you up too. Very careful with those. Right now I'm like Nolan Ryan, Advil is my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

More prayers, Jeff. Heal well...........and FAST!
And start that new ride once a week too.

Wow Jeff. When is your appt to make these repairs? You've been a trooper so I know that you'll do everything you can to reach your goal of riding again soon.

Looks like my 2010 MX accident. Complete fracture of humerus, with the humeral ball "pulverized". Nearly 7 years later and there's little pain (thankfully), but range of motion is maybe 60%. It's a ****, but could have been worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Jeff. When is your appt to make these repairs? You've been a trooper so I know that you'll do everything you can to reach your goal of riding again soon.

This all happened on the 9th (last Thursday)

Looks like my 2010 MX accident. Complete fracture of humerus, with the humeral ball "pulverized". Nearly 7 years later and there's little pain (thankfully), but range of motion is maybe 60%. It's a ****, but could have been worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't "pulverize" the humeral ball but real close. The doc described the "fix" as repairing the scoop of ice cream, then repairing the cone to then put them together. Now I have six screws removed and replaced. Getting tired of not riding.

Update time. I went out for 15 minutes in my neighborhood this afternoon. Results? My shoulder is no where near ready for anything longer than that. 20 mph for most of the ride with one pass down the feeder road of the Grand Parkway of up to about 50. Four miles total. Besides my shoulder, the ST is not the Harley so just learning how to ride it will take time. Back to Chicago on Saturday. Therapy continues. Thought folks would like an update.

You should be able to predict the weather better than the meteorologists.:duck:
Heal quickly buddy. See you in a month maybe!

Update time. I went out for 15 minutes in my neighborhood this afternoon. Results? My shoulder is no where near ready for anything longer than that. 20 mph for most of the ride with one pass down the feeder road of the Grand Parkway of up to about 50. Four miles total. Besides my shoulder, the ST is not the Harley so just learning how to ride it will take time. Back to Chicago on Saturday. Therapy continues. Thought folks would like an update.

Hang in there, Jeff.

Update time. Yesterday was 90 days since the last surgery. Doctor was happy with my progress and said see you in March 2018.
D334AEAA-C2B7-491A-BB7E-7CB2F08915DE_zpsofnvsavb.jpg

Physical therapist and I are working on a "strength plan" to do here and in Chicago. Not much more they can do for me other than the occasional visit to check on it.
Time to start riding more. Now if someone could turn off the blast furnace.
Thanks again to everyone and the good thoughts you sent my way. To the four (you know who you are) folks, again a huge thanks for helping out last October 30. I owe you guys lunch since we didn't get any that day.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Wish you could have made it to the Thur nite dinner when I was in town a few weeks ago. I forgot that you did that on my birthday! Keep healing

That's great news, Jeff. I hope to catch up with you soon.

So they will be leaving all the hardware in place indefinitely?

So they will be leaving all the hardware in place indefinitely?

Yeppers. Unless things go south with the bone, it remains in place. Doctor said that if the pain comes back in force or there is an abrupt loss of strength then I get a rebuilt shoulder with another really cool scar. One is enough thank you very much.

:tab When my ankle got screwed after hitting a deer, the doc asked if I wanted to have them removed when it was all over. I asked him why. He said that another break with the screws still in place would be nasty because the screws would prevent a clean break and likely cause splintering. Unfortunately, I was paying out of pocket since I have no insurance. So I am still screwed... :twitch:

My surgeon described the repair like this "I repaired the scoop of ice cream, then I repaired the cone, then put the two back together". He still shakes his head trying to figure out how I didn't tear up the rotator cuff and all things associated with that. So am I. Won't be throwing a curve ball anytime soon. ⚾

Won't be throwing a curve ball anytime soon. ⚾

You can win a lot of games and safeguard the shoulder with a good knuckleball.

Last edited:
Back